Northern Linked Offer

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
Karellan

Northern Linked Offer

Postby Karellan » January 11th, 2017, 3:32 pm

Looks like its going to be on or about 7th Feb , later and later.

http://www.investegate.co.uk/northern-3 ... lc%20Alert

moorfield
Lemon Pip

Re: Northern Linked Offer

Postby moorfield » January 11th, 2017, 9:16 pm

Shares will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis in respect of valid applications, with a minimum subscription of £6,000 in total and £2,000 per VCT.

That's a little too much for me to commit this time around, so I think I'll top up my options trading project instead. :shock:

M

BusyBumbleBee
Lemon Pip

Postby BusyBumbleBee » January 12th, 2017, 9:11 am

That's a little too much for me to commit this time around

Why not use the DRIS - you still get the reflief and you only pay the NAV for the shares instead of NAV + in the offers?

Kidman

Postby Kidman » January 12th, 2017, 10:55 am

My letter to shareholders arrived in this morning's post.

I note that electronic transfers are forbidden, it is cheques only to make it easier for them to return unsatisfied applications. Furthermore, as applications can only be made by post they are allowing applicants to write in their financial advisor details to save paperwork having to be routed via such advisor.
The application form will be made available on the NVM website at 08:00 on Tuesday 7 February, and presumably advisors like Clubfinance will make their own versions available at a similar time to save clients writing in the advisor details.
However, it is still then a postal lottery as to the time it takes to get from your local postbox to Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
Furthermore, what do they do when a sackful of applications is dumped on a desk and as they go through them they go over the limit. I assume all others are rejected which means applications arriving on that day are effectively in another lottery.

I don't know if I can be bothered.

thebarns

Postby thebarns » January 12th, 2017, 11:26 am

What do you reckon, full by Friday 10th Feb ?

I think there is no chance of this getting to non existing shareholders which only comes into play at the end of Friday 17th.

moorfield
Lemon Pip

Postby moorfield » January 15th, 2017, 11:11 pm

moorfield wrote:
Shares will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis in respect of valid applications, with a minimum subscription of £6,000 in total and £2,000 per VCT.

That's a little too much for me to commit this time around, so I think I'll top up my options trading project instead. :shock:

M

I've changed my mind, having just done another self assessment return this evening. Ouch.

Gostevie

Postby Gostevie » January 16th, 2017, 8:34 am

Apologies for a quick question.

Can anybody remind me of the date of the NVM seminar next month? I have left the documentation at home and need to book the day off work.

Many thanks,

Gostevie

naflod

Postby naflod » January 16th, 2017, 9:43 am

Hi Gostevie

Can anybody remind me of the date of the NVM seminar next month? I have left the documentation at home and need to book the day off work.

I have raked the cover letter out of the bin and the seminar is on Tuesday, 28th February, with replies required by the end of next week.

naflod

mswjr
2 Lemon pips

Postby mswjr » January 16th, 2017, 9:44 am

Gostevie wrote:Apologies for a quick question.

Many thanks,

Gostevie

28 Jan

Edit. Sorry, crossed with previous.

Gostevie

Postby Gostevie » January 16th, 2017, 10:48 am

Many thanks naflod and mswjr. Much appreciated.

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”