Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

four (4imprint)

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
panamagold
Lemon Slice

four (4imprint)

Postby panamagold » December 26th, 2016, 8:23 pm

Festive greetings one and all.

Well, I hope this is the best board for a query I hope the boffins will be able to assist me with.

Bit of history here:

I am not a UK resident but prior to departure I had the insight to open bank accounts to the n'th degree and 3 Trading accounts. Over the past couple of days I've been jigging around my holdings to keep them active ( once lost - never replaced) and with the upcoming sale of TD I'm slightly wary of rocking any boats through inactivity. All the brokers are fully aware of my residential status.

Ok, so here goes with the query.

I have a shed load of cash sitting in my TD account from the sale of ARM earlier this year and I want to start getting some sort of return on it.

In my stocks I have a fair holding in this company:
FOUR
http://www.targetmarketingmag.com/article/profile-4imprint-a-global-impression-1-432-words-28569/all/

I think I bought into this late 90's or early 00's from a rec on Killiks Money Channel. Also from memory I think I paid £2/£3 for them.

This is its chart:
http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/summary/company-summary/GB0006640972GBGBXSSMM.html

It seems to have tracked a similar growth pattern to ARM based on the latest price ie. up and well up. Would I therefore be wise to throw some of the cash at these, given the level of footsie at the moment, hang on till after Art50 has been presented/issued or look for further stocks.

All advice truly welcome.

panamagold

Regdragon

Re: four (4imprint)

Postby Regdragon » January 1st, 2017, 7:59 pm

Panamagold

Well done on discovering this one so early which now has a market cap of £498M and a historic P/E of 27. I only bought in January 2015, with few top-ups since then, but even my FOUR holding has doubled and I should probably think about trimming it to rebalance the ISA. But, from my perspective anyway, I think it's worth delaying a decision until the results to December 2016 are reported in March because 96% of the firm's sales are in dollars and that, plus the fact that FOUR now appear to have got the pension deficit under control, should drive further sterling profits and dividends. You'll remember the interim dividend, in sterling terms, was increased by 59% and the firm expected the final dividend to be similarly uplifted "setting a higher base for the company's progressive dividend policy." Since then FOUR has confirmed it will meet expectations for y/e December 2016. (I'm really like fast-growing dividends.)

Part of my own "buy" consideration of FOUR was informed by a really helpful post a few years ago from Tinarr on TMF - I hope I've got the name right - who talked about the importance, with AIM companies, of seeing the big investment companies on the List of Major Shareholders because they do so much research before buying themselves. FOUR's Register looks like a who's who of corporate investors - Artemis, Fidelity, Standard Life, Blackrock, JP Morgan etc etc. I know even the big firms get it wrong sometimes but it's still reassuring.

I'm holding for now but I can understand, with a multi-bagger on your hands, why you might want to bank some profits. All the best for 2017.

Regards

RD

panamagold
Lemon Slice

Re: four (4imprint)

Postby panamagold » January 2nd, 2017, 5:48 pm

Hi Regdragon,

Thanks for the response. I don't feel so isolated now and have stopped imagining I must have dreamt the whole episode of scoring the way I did with these.

Fortunately I don't and hopefully I won't need the cash from these any time soon. As I said earlier, I'm still awash and overwhelmed with cash from the earlier sale of ARM.

I've been into RR. for about 12 yrs now, and always take up the divi reinvest including the 'c's and having had a look at YeeWoo's poll on RR. and noted the broker recs ;) , I suspect now is the time to consider chucking some more cash at them.

Best regards to you and yours for the coming year and apart from RR, I suspect I'll sit on most of the cash until TM issues article 50.

Cheers

panamagold

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”