Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Dividends from Funds paid in Pound or Dollars?

Index tracking funds and ETFs
DelianLeague
2 Lemon pips

Dividends from Funds paid in Pound or Dollars?

Postby DelianLeague » July 13th, 2023, 12:32 pm

Greetings All,

I expect this question has been asked before but I would appreciate some help if possible.
Is there a similar cheap passive fund to Vanguard All World High Div Yield ETF (VHYL) available within the UK that distributes the dividends in Sterling, thus avoiding the FX fee from our Brokers?

Or, a similar question, put another way:
Does anyone know of a higher yielding index fund similar to the Vanguard Global All Cap Index (OEIC)?

Many Thanks, D.L.

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Re: Dividends from Funds paid in Pound or Dollars?

Postby scotia » July 19th, 2023, 10:09 pm

Have you looked at Vanguard Global Equity Income (an OEIC) ? Its historic yield is 3.53%

DelianLeague
2 Lemon pips

Postby DelianLeague » July 21st, 2023, 11:13 am

Thanks for your reply,

I must of missed the fund that you have suggested because I was looking for a passive fund and also the charge is a little high.

If the charge was lower then it would have been pretty much what I am looking for. I will have to think about this one.

Many thanks.

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » July 21st, 2023, 12:28 pm

DelianLeague wrote:I must of missed the fund that you have suggested because I was looking for a passive fund and also the charge is a little high.

If the charge was lower then it would have been pretty much what I am looking for. I will have to think about this one.

Being an Active fund, the charges will be higher, but are still pretty modest. I reckon the exchange fees on the Dividend Income will be less than the extra management fee on the Active fund, but you are open to currency fluctuations as well. And have to work out the applicable exchange rate on payment date for your tax returns - not the end of the world but a bit of a faff. And you need to check ERI on VHYL.

Paul

seldomrite

Postby seldomrite » July 21st, 2023, 12:43 pm

I own VHYL through Vanguardinvestor.co.uk and through iWeb. Dividends are paid in GBP.

Return to “Passive Investing”