Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron, for Donating to support the site

Moringa

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Re: Moringa

Postby DrFfybes » November 14th, 2022, 3:53 pm

Snorvey wrote:I've been told to try Moringa. Mainly because it helps fight inflammation (I have sore knee, which I suspect is arthritis). I was told this by a chap who enjoys more serious hills than me and he used it to great effect (according to him anyway)

I was sceptical and a Google search, as usual, has it a miracle cure for pretty much everything - including inflammation, blood sugar, the liver, the stomach, bones, cholesterol and of course, it's brilliant at keeping your weight down (a guaranteed selling point to shift your quack product)

[..]
So I made up my overnight porridge and with great trepidation I added a teaspoon of moringa. Well it looked like I had blended up Kermit and I tentatively tried a small spoonfull. Bleaurrghh! It tasted like I had blended up Kermit.

Out it went (the porridge, not the moringa).

I bet it didn't specify how it helps with weight loss :)

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » November 14th, 2022, 3:59 pm

Snorvey wrote:I've been told to try Moringa. Mainly because it helps fight inflammation

I just use Aspirin.

Snorvey wrote:So I ordered the smallest bag of Moringa Powder I could. When It arrived I opened bag and Holy Toot, I just about spewed. It smells awful. I can't even describe it, but it makes you retch (although the wifey quite likes it. But then she likes Red Bush tea and has never had COVID. Says a lot I think)

So I made up my overnight porridge and with great trepidation I added a teaspoon of moringa. Well it looked like I had blended up Kermit and I tentatively tried a small spoonfull. Bleaurrghh! It tasted like I had blended up Kermit.

You're really selling this, aren't you?

BTW. You do know you are not supposed to eat or drink it? You are supposed to shove it up your... :)

feder1
Lemon Slice

Postby feder1 » November 17th, 2022, 9:01 am

This is from the Indian Drumstick tree.

The drumsticks are a long cylindrical green vegetable about 30cm long and 13mm in diameter like a big bean.

They are delicious when chopped smaller and put in a curry. The outer skin is too tough to eat but the inner flesh is nice.

Try these instead!

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » November 17th, 2022, 9:23 am

It has some worrying side effects
esp if you are on medication

"Any medications that might be broken down by the liver: Moringa extract may decrease how quickly this happens, which could lead to various side effects or complications"

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... de-effects

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”