Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Where To Buy Mens Chino Shorts But A Bit Longer Than The New Norm (Want 12/11" Inside Leg)?

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
tlf67482
2 Lemon pips

Where To Buy Mens Chino Shorts But A Bit Longer Than The New Norm (Want 12/11" Inside Leg)?

Postby tlf67482 » January 1st, 2024, 5:07 pm

Does anyone know where you can buy bog standard mens chino shorts with a 12 inch (11 inch may be okay) inside leg?

The new norm seems to be around an 8 inch inside leg for the past few years - does anyone know somewhere where they sell 12 inch inside leg without it being a designer brand costing £50+, being made from jeans or sweatpants material or be completely covered with ten pockets?

The usual places I am looking very rarely have the inside leg measurement listed, if they do have the measurement listed they are the more "modern?" 8 inches inside leg and going off the pictures to try to guess the inside leg measurement is a massive mistake either resulting in receiving 3/4 pants (half way down the shins) or halfway up the thigh even though the picture is more middle of knee length (can swear they purposely use a deceptive picture).

Yes I know it is a strange question and I win the fictitious prize for the first weird question of year ;)

Thanks

servodude
Lemon Half

Re: Where To Buy Mens Chino Shorts But A Bit Longer Than The New Norm (Want 12/11" Inside Leg)?

Postby servodude » January 1st, 2024, 5:14 pm

tlf67482 wrote:Does anyone know where you can buy bog standard mens chino shorts with a 12 inch (11 inch may be okay) inside leg?

I think the Dickies brand might be one to look at.

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Re: Where To Buy Mens Chino Shorts But A Bit Longer Than The New Norm (Want 12/11" Inside Leg)?

Postby Laughton » January 1st, 2024, 6:05 pm

I like M&S Pure Linen shorts but they don't seem to sell them anymore so I search on ebay - they often have brand new (sometimes without tags) and usually list waist, inside leg measurements.

You don't way what waist weasurement you are looking for.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235190105405

Worth having a look, especially if you have a favoured manufacturer.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » January 1st, 2024, 8:11 pm

tlf67482 wrote:Does anyone know where you can buy bog standard mens chino shorts with a 12 inch (11 inch may be okay) inside leg?

The new norm seems to be around an 8 inch inside leg for the past few years - does anyone know somewhere where they sell 12 inch inside leg without it being a designer brand costing £50+, being made from jeans or sweatpants material or be completely covered with ten pockets?

The usual places I am looking very rarely have the inside leg measurement listed, if they do have the measurement listed they are the more "modern?" 8 inches inside leg and going off the pictures to try to guess the inside leg measurement is a massive mistake either resulting in receiving 3/4 pants (half way down the shins) or halfway up the thigh even though the picture is more middle of knee length (can swear they purposely use a deceptive picture).

Yes I know it is a strange question and I win the fictitious prize for the first weird question of year ;)

Thanks

I use Amazon for almost everything like that.

When I find a style that suits me, I order enough to keep me going for years.

Steve

PS Some of the Amazon Essentials shorts and trousers ranges are amazingly good value!

Hallucigenia
Lemon Quarter

Postby Hallucigenia » January 1st, 2024, 10:02 pm

Bermuda?

The hot-weather-preppy look is more a USian thing so that's where I'd look - I got something similar from Dick's, Land's End certainly do 11" Stateside but it looks like they may not have brought them across the pond?

https://www.landsend.com/products/mens- ... /id_332102

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » January 2nd, 2024, 7:15 am

I made some shorts out of longs.

You can cut them to the length you like. ;)

tlf67482
2 Lemon pips

Postby tlf67482 » January 2nd, 2024, 3:01 pm

Laughton wrote:I like M&S Pure Linen shorts but they don't seem to sell them anymore so I search on ebay - they often have brand new (sometimes without tags) and usually list waist, inside leg measurements.

You don't way what waist weasurement you are looking for.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235190105405

Worth having a look, especially if you have a favoured manufacturer.

Thanks everyone for suggestions very useful information to target my searches a bit better.

It is interesting that the quoted ebay item shows why you can't trust the images - good job they include the inside leg measurement in the listing. This is the main problem with Ebay/Amazon listings. If they do not mention the inside leg measurement and the vast majority do not you can't go off the pictures - they are either completely wrong, ambiguous or they use models to make the length of shorts look longer than what they are.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » January 3rd, 2024, 7:39 am

tlf67482 wrote:
This is the main problem with Ebay/Amazon listings.

If they do not mention the inside leg measurement and the vast majority do not you can't go off the pictures - they are either completely wrong, ambiguous or they use models to make the length of shorts look longer than what they are.

This query is a good example for being able to demonstrate how a couple of advanced Google-search features can help you hone-in on potential clothing options for you...

The first step is to use the site-specific search-feature in Google search, where it can be asked to only return search-results from a specific site, which is achieved using Ebay as an example by including the following statement in your Google-search query -

site:ebay.co.uk

The second step is to use a key phrase that you're keen to have included in your search-results, and wrapping the phrase in double-quotes ensures that Google will try very hard to include that key phrase in any returned results, so your particular Google search query with this example might well also then use the following in it's search terms -

"inside leg"

An optional third step might be to ask Google to return key images from any returned pages found, rather than the usual text-based search-results, and perhaps seeing potential image-based options for shorts rather that reading text-based options might help you again with this type of query, so we'd perhaps then also use the 'images' option on Google Search with any potential query like this, which might be especially helpful if you're looking for shorts of a particular colour, for example.

Wrapping all the above up into a single Google-search URL, and also using the words "chino" and "shorts" (without the forced-quotes this time...) you can use the following URL link to then hopefully see some ebay-based options that might help with your initial query -

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:ebay.co.uk+chino+shorts+%22inside+leg%22&tbm=isch

If you open the above URL in a separate browser-tab, you'll not only hopefully get some good leads for your initial query, but perhaps more importantly, you can clearly see in the Google-search text-box that appears at the top of the returned page showing how the previously-mentioned advanced search-terms have been entered together to get those particular returned search-results...

Listed below are a few sample links from the above returned results, noting that many of the returned Ebay images are also helpfully marked on the above search-results that they are 'In Stock' as well, in green lettering underneath the images, and clicking on the links below will hopefully then confirm for you that the key words "inside leg" do appear in the returned ebay listings for the shorts when using the above advanced-search features -

Chino Shorts - Inside Leg 24.5 cm - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285398691536

Chino Style Shorts - Inside Leg 11” - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204402836707

Chino Style Shorts - Inside Leg 11” - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204393047920

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » January 5th, 2024, 3:39 pm

You might want to look at golf shorts Most clubs require chino style short that finish close to the knee so they are probably the length you require.
Try American golf for a good range.

John

Return to “Does anyone know?”