Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

A surprise letter

Help and discussions for strategies to get out of debt
Rhionnach

A surprise letter

Postby Rhionnach » January 20th, 2018, 11:11 am

I have managed to pay off all of my debt, for which I am very happy. Yesterday I came home to a letter from one of my creditors informing me that not only had my account been paid off but that I had overpaid and they wanted to refund the money to me! Nice one.

So I called the number and made arrangements for this to happen. Yes, I actually called a creditor! And was treated like a human being.

Then I began to think. I remembered all the times I was harassed, had abusive phone calls, letters, etc. All the times they made me fearful and upset. And I have to ask "Why?" Why did they treat me (and many others) like this? Why did they not try to help? Why were they so aggressive in their pursuit of the money owed? Did they think I enjoyed being in that situation? I really think that a bit of support to get my situation sorted out would have been so much more positive than treating me the way they did. It did nothing to help my situation and did nothing for my mental health.

They disgust me. They could have been so much more helpful but they chose to be aggressive and abusive.

Rhionnach

Re: A surprise letter

Postby Rhionnach » January 20th, 2018, 12:14 pm

I should also have added that when I did call them it was not without me thinking it was a trick and that they were back on the attack.

Return to “Dealing with Debt”