Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

What to Buy

Green investment room for those with a green conscience or following environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles
taken2often
Lemon Slice

What to Buy

Postby taken2often » June 25th, 2023, 6:48 pm

Well I do not believe in ZERO. Will we adapt and accept that Humans will continue for evermore to consume and wish to progress. That if the UK could get to ZERO it would not make a scrap of difference to the World. So saying that how do we take advantage of the Trends. Have a number of Green investments. Now looking at the bigger picture. My view is very limited and I do not know if other Cities are doing what Glasgow is doing, but I think it is Group Think.

They are working on the elimination of the private car. You will need a licence and a good reason to have one. They are intalling many miles of unused Cycle Routes. The short term problem is queing traffic and more Carbon Monoxide. They are banning older cars from the City Centre. No doubt with plans to widen the boundry. There will never be enough charging points for EV's. So it willbe Public Transport or cycles. What will be the long term effect.
Large Warehouse Stores will disappear, All items most likely to be purchased online, So delivery services for everything may be the hot ticket, when you consider the number of cars just going shopping and the weights involved. With the disappearance of the Private Car The Driverless CAB becomes a real possibility. With a big drop in social mobility. Drinking and legal drugs could also thrive. With AI, the possibility of having a very lifelike artificial Sex Partner could become a big thing. This brings great possibilities for the Artificial Insemination Industry. So that only the serious get Pregnant.

Feel free to add an other investment oportunities that you can think of.

Bob

Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: What to Buy

Postby Lootman » June 25th, 2023, 6:57 pm

taken2often wrote:There will never be enough charging points for EV's.

I am not really a Green investor or believer. But I did take a position in Chargepoint (CHPT). It is the largest provider of EV charging stations in the US, so presumably also in the world.

It has not done well so far, however.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » June 25th, 2023, 7:13 pm

Lootman wrote:
taken2often wrote:There will never be enough charging points for EV's.

Was there something about investment in there?

I am not really a Green investor or believer. But I did take a position in Chargepoint (CHPT). It is the largest provider of EV charging stations in the US, so presumably also in the world.

It has not done well so far, however.

Pod Point made a return of just under 3x for me (fully 4x including EIS tax relief). One of the investments mentioned in my startups thread. These days I see them routinely in supermarket car parks - they have deals with a number of major retail and entertainment chains. Plus my neighbour who runs a Tesla has one.

taken2often
Lemon Slice

Postby taken2often » June 25th, 2023, 10:48 pm

The thing is that if you are not allowed a car, by the time this is enforced there should be enough chargers. See clever. Who knows how many cycalists will get mowed down by the driverless taxi and busesis a big unknown.

I forgot to mention due to New AI The Humanoid Robot and as always you will get what you can afford. Perhaps Sex and Housework and in a hundred or so years may even be capable of transporting you a modest distance. The mind Boggles racing robots, naw were back to male and female forms or it would not be a fair race.

Bob

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » June 26th, 2023, 9:31 am

taken2often wrote:The thing is that if you are not allowed a car, by the time this is enforced there should be enough chargers. See clever. Who knows how many cycalists will get mowed down by the driverless taxi and busesis a big unknown.

I forgot to mention due to New AI The Humanoid Robot and as always you will get what you can afford. Perhaps Sex and Housework and in a hundred or so years may even be capable of transporting you a modest distance. The mind Boggles racing robots, naw were back to male and female forms or it would not be a fair race.

Time to calm down, Bob; take a stress pill and think things over?

taken2often
Lemon Slice

Postby taken2often » June 26th, 2023, 1:23 pm

I am enjoying this projection of our future

Bob

Return to “Green Investing”