Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Podcasts

How to buy, profit and invest in crypto currencies or NFTs
Urbandreamer
Lemon Quarter

Podcasts

Postby Urbandreamer » February 18th, 2022, 7:28 am

I previously posted that crypto had been covered on the FT Money Clinic podcast.
viewtopic.php?p=448027#p448027

Well today's (18/2/2022) FT briefing is dedicated to Crypto. Some interesting stuff. One, apparently well respected, organization calling for international discussions as crypto effects can be world wide and individual countries efforts seem to have little effect. Another piece about cottage crypto mining in Siberia. Apparently local hydro leads to cheap electricity and the heat produced as a bi-product is all to the good. WELL cheap domestic electricity. The domestic prices are less than the commercial prices. Something that has caused problems in other countries (not mentioned) and something to watch in the UK given current political pressures*.

In my previous post (linked) I mentioned Mr McCormack. He produces a sometimes interesting podcast called "What Bitcoin did". This runs the gamut from high brow to low. It all depends upon who he gets to talk to. I confess that I lose interest when he starts talking football and other sports. He is very interested in UK football and owns Bedford Real.

The point of this post is to start a thread where people can link or mention crypto podcasts or podcasts covering crypto that day/week.

I feel that most discussion/debate on the subject is woefully ill informed and it strikes me that knowing what informative podcasts there are can do nothing but help address that fact.

*Those who listen to podcasts on economics will be aware that incentives have an effect. Give people something free or cheap and they will find a way to profit from it.

Hornblower
Lemon Pip

Re: Podcasts

Postby Hornblower » May 17th, 2022, 6:30 pm

Here are my recommendations:

Bitcoin Audible: This podcast is a guy (called Guy) reading the latest essays/book excerpts on Bitcoin & giving his commentary. It is simply excellent, he curates the vast amount of content out there for you to improve the 'signal-to-noise' ratio.

What Is Money : This is Robert Breedlove's podcast where he dissects...what is money. The episodes can be rather long and dry sometimes, but he has some great thinkers on.

Stephan Livera Podcast : Stephan is an Australian libertarian & passionate Bitcoiner. These podcasts tend to be more about the technical aspects of bitcoin, such as setting up lightning nodes, or multi-signature wallets.

What Bitcoin Did: As previously mentioned. Peter can be a bit annoying, but he has really excellent guests on the show.

We Study Billionaires: This is a US investing podcast, but there's Bitcoin content every Wednesday. Again, excellent...very high signal-to-noise ratio.

TFTC (Tales From The Crypt): Another excellent US show with two very knowledgable Bitcoiners. They present a weekly 'Rabbit hole Recap' to keep you up to date with the latest news in the space.

That's enough to be getting on with! It has taken me years to wade through the endless nonsense on the crypto space to find these gems, I hope it is useful to some people.

Return to “Crypto and NFTs”