Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

ISAs for children living overseas

Lemon Pip
Posts: 69
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 9 times

ISAs for children living overseas


Postby bjmarren » June 12th, 2018, 9:00 am

Hi All,

A colleague of mine, we are both working overseas and regarded as non-resident for tax purposes, has started to think about saving for his children's future, i.e. Uni fees etc. and wanted to know good ways to do this. I suggested that their Grandparents, both UK residents could possibly set ISAs in their names but I wasn't sure this was possible if the kids live abroad with their parents, and will continue to do for the forseeable future. Does any body know or could give advice?



Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1129
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:24 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 216 times

Re: ISAs for children living overseas


Postby mc2fool » June 12th, 2018, 9:46 am

"If your child lives outside the UK

Your child can only get a Junior ISA if both the following apply:

o you’re a Crown servant (in the UK’s armed forces, diplomatic service or overseas civil service, for example)
o they depend on you for care

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest