Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Tracing old/lost accounts - 'mylostaccount.org.uk'

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
DiamondEcho
Lemon Quarter

Tracing old/lost accounts - 'mylostaccount.org.uk'

Postby DiamondEcho » April 5th, 2018, 8:33 am

I came upon this website this morning, while looking into another topic. There are a couple of ancient accounts I reckon it's worth my time checking as I've a couple in mind that perhaps had small balances and have been simply forgotten about over the years. The site description begins:

'mylostaccount.org.uk - the FREE service that helps you trace your lost accounts and savings
If you think you may have lost touch with your account or savings, this website will guide you through some simple steps to help reunite you with your money.'

Their About page, which clarifies this is an industry/non-commercial service:
'This FREE service is brought to you by UK Finance, the Building Societies Association (BSA) and National Savings and Investments (NS&I).
mylostaccount.org.uk brings together the three tracing schemes of UK Finance, BSA and NS&I into a single website. This means that anyone with a lost account with a bank, a building society, NS&I – or all three – can initiate a search simply by visiting this website and completing only one application form.
All three provide comprehensive coverage of their respective areas:
The UK Finance scheme covers 36 banks that take retail deposits in the UK
The BSA scheme covers all UK building societies
The NS&I scheme covers all National Savings and Investments products as well as the old Post Office Savings Bank accounts.'

I hadn't heard of the site before, and thought others might be able to make use of it.

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”