Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Customer service levels at NS&I???

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Customer service levels at NS&I???

Postby yorkshirelad1 » February 22nd, 2019, 11:36 am

Has anyone else experienced a drop in customer service levels at NS&I recently? Have all staff at NS&I been seconded to Brexit duties or something?

I've been chasing a complaint (chased twice) which should have had a response in December, but despite promises, nothing has been forthcoming.

I've also got another outstanding request for information on some Savings certificates (that can't be answered by online information, they insisted I do it by letter) and despite a holding letter from NS&I a month ago promising a reply "as soon as possible", nothing forthcoming. It seems things are getting "lost" and if you're not alert enough to realise info hasn't been forthcoming from NS&I that you were expecting, there may be a large black hole in Glasgow/Blackpool/Durham (offices of NS&I)

pochisoldi
Lemon Slice

Re: Customer service levels at NS&I???

Postby pochisoldi » February 22nd, 2019, 12:32 pm

Contact them again. Make it crystal clear that your previous contact on <insert date> was a complaint, and if you do not receive a resolution within 8 weeks of that date you will go to the Financial Ombudsman.

At the end of the day, either the NS&I people are a bunch of civil servants who have been cut back to the bone over recent years, or they actually work for the likes of Crapita - in which case the aphorism "Pay peanuts, get monkeys" comes to mind.

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Postby yorkshirelad1 » February 22nd, 2019, 1:51 pm

pochisoldi wrote:Contact them again. Make it crystal clear that your previous contact on <insert date> was a complaint, and if you do not receive a resolution within 8 weeks of that date you will go to the Financial Ombudsman.

At the end of the day, either the NS&I people are a bunch of civil servants who have been cut back to the bone over recent years, or they actually work for the likes of Crapita - in which case the aphorism "Pay peanuts, get monkeys" comes to mind.

Not Crapita, but Atos, but the same idea :-)
I'm just curious as to others' experience. I'm not letting NS&I off the hook, and I'm happy with that at the mo.
And I can't really be bothered to take the particular issue to the FOS (it's a lot of work, takes months, and doesn't achieve much: I know of what I speak having done it with another company and won, but it was something of a hollow victory). And I may be taking the matter in hand to ICO anyway and there are only so many hours in the day that one wants to use for this sort of thing :-)

Gaggsy
Lemon Slice

Postby Gaggsy » February 22nd, 2019, 2:23 pm

I find logging in to their website a real pain. I have an unrememberable password so use Lastpass to fill it in for me. However, I never know if the website is going to ask for my email address, NS&I number or 'holders' number. It's very frustrating.

A while ago I tried to log in using my NS&I number but I couldn't get in and got blocked. I somehow managed to change my password as I was concerned I might have been on a phishing site. The NEXT DAY I had a message from them saying my password had been changed. Well of course I assumed I'd been hacked, after all why would they take so long to send that message when every other website does it in seconds.

I called them up. Apparently I should have used my holders number to log in. I didn't know what that was. They would post confirmation to me.

I basically got fobbed off, I was told that their security was the absolute highest standard and I was essentially treated like some sort of an idiot.

So, all in all, my experience was that they could do substantially better.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » February 22nd, 2019, 2:38 pm

Gaggsy wrote:
I find logging in to their website a real pain. I have an unrememberable password so use Lastpass to fill it in for me. However, I never know if the website is going to ask for my email address, NS&I number or 'holders' number. It's very frustrating.

I have the same arrangement, but use KeePass instead, but I certainly don't have the issues you've been experiencing with logging in.

I have the following NS&I log-in page URL saved in my KeePass database, and it always asks for my NS&I account number as part of the log-in process, so I've only ever needed to have that and the password saved in my KeePass database for this particular account -

https://secure3.nsandi.com/thc/policyenforcer/pages/loginB2C.jsf

I've had no reason at all to complain about the use of the NS&I website, and I've got both growth-bond and premium-bond accounts with them.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Gaggsy
Lemon Slice

Postby Gaggsy » February 22nd, 2019, 2:48 pm

My Lastpass database has https://secure3.nsandi.com/thc/projectu ... ions03.jsf

A bit different to yours. I'll change it and see if my problems go away.

Thanks.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » February 22nd, 2019, 6:37 pm

Gaggsy wrote:I find logging in to their website a real pain. I have an unrememberable password so use Lastpass to fill it in for me. However, I never know if the website is going to ask for my email address, NS&I number or 'holders' number. It's very frustrating.

A while ago I tried to log in using my NS&I number but I couldn't get in and got blocked. I somehow managed to change my password as I was concerned I might have been on a phishing site. The NEXT DAY I had a message from them saying my password had been changed. Well of course I assumed I'd been hacked, after all why would they take so long to send that message when every other website does it in seconds.

I called them up. Apparently I should have used my holders number to log in. I didn't know what that was. They would post confirmation to me.

I basically got fobbed off, I was told that their security was the absolute highest standard and I was essentially treated like some sort of an idiot.

So, all in all, my experience was that they could do substantially better.

Strange. I've been using that website for years and find it one of the easiest to log into. I simply give my NS&I number, surname and password. Whereas places like Nationwide, Santander and Interactive Investor have had me reaching for the blood pressure tablets!

Steve

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » February 22nd, 2019, 10:10 pm

Gaggsy wrote:I find logging in to their website a real pain. I have an unrememberable password so use Lastpass to fill it in for me. Ho.wever, I never know if the website is going to ask for my email address, NS&I number or 'holders' number. It's very frustrating.

I have in the past had several hair raising incidents with their (relatively) new web site software, usually when purchasing Premium Bonds. Though I have had to ring up to find out what was going on I have never been involved in a complaint procedure. I didn't know they were employed by ATOS as per previous post. Don't know about them - but at least they aren't 'Crapita'!

mutantpoodle
Lemon Quarter

Postby mutantpoodle » February 23rd, 2019, 11:18 am

I too am awaiting a response for a complaint!
only 3 weeks so far

meanwhile.....

as anyone who has index linked bonds will know, when changing the 'term' on maturity (as we all doing pre May date when interest rate changes)
up comes ''ERROR' please ring''

so ring!! explain problem, call centre puts through usual hoops (security) then tells that they unable to help, ALWAYS the same nonsense procedure
need security/fraud' team who will ring!

in due course 'someone' rings and wants MY security info
HE RANG ME!!! who is he? how do I know?...…..so I am told ring back this number!!

Oh yes..hardly a week goes by without warnings about fraudsters blocking lie so that ringing back automatically goes to them

so no progress.and no help, and no result on complaint

will be a nightmare for my executors its bad enough for me and I know who I am!!

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”