Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

shawbrook bank or ???

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
mutantpoodle
Lemon Quarter

shawbrook bank or ???

Postby mutantpoodle » July 24th, 2019, 9:50 am

am looking for a new online bank...mostly for an amount for say a year
have looked at and applied for Metrobank.......2 weeks ago...i recvd immediate welcome letter which promised T & Cs plus online access codes being posted separately......no sign so far
so if thats their performance I not happy that they ave my cash

does anyone have any personal experience of SHAWBROOK....comparison sites all show but...service etc??

TIA

or any other ideas giving decent interest...(decent???)

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: shawbrook bank or ???

Postby mc2fool » July 24th, 2019, 10:38 am

mutantpoodle wrote:does anyone have any personal experience of SHAWBROOK....comparison sites all show but...service etc??

Yes, and everything has just worked fine.

I opened both a 1 year fixed and an instant access account with them in 2017 'cos they had good rates for both at the time. When the 1 year matured their new 1 year offering at the time wasn't as good as elsewhere so I moved that money away. In early 2018 they started offering a new issue instant access account with better rates than the issue I had, so I "upgraded" it (i.e. opened a new one, transferred the money into it, and closed the old one), and in late 2018 when their rate was no longer competitive I transferred those funds elsewhere, leaving only £1 in the account just to keep an account with them open (makes opening another account, should I ever want to, easier).

Everything done online, no problems. I see they're top of the 1 year tables again and I have some 1 year money maturing soon and would be happy to transfer it into Shawbrook, if they're still top (or close to) at the time.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » July 24th, 2019, 1:49 pm

Been with them for years..no problems.

( unlike ICICI bank where I bet Tom Cruise could get another mission impossible film...."getting past the password barrier:MI:6.)

Gersemi
Lemon Slice

Postby Gersemi » July 24th, 2019, 8:42 pm

I transferred money into a one year fixed rate ISA last December and another ISA into a five year fixed rate deal in May. No problems.

stewamax
Lemon Quarter

Postby stewamax » July 25th, 2019, 3:13 pm

Also had good experience of Shawbrook.
With Easy Access accounts (which are limited to £85K and only one per individual investor), if the %rate improves they will do a 'product switch' to the new issue on request, keeping the same account.
They appear happy to action any instruction (within the T&Cs) sent by their secure messaging system.

I use them and Charter, and (formerly) Aldermore and Birmingham Midshires (aka Lloyds; is BM still doing business?), and their online experience at a PC* is the best of the four.

* - they didn't - and perhaps still don't - have an Android/iPhone app, but I do all my banking at Windows PCs

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”