Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

NS&I change nominated acct

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
mutantpoodle
Lemon Quarter

NS&I change nominated acct

Postby mutantpoodle » December 6th, 2019, 11:58 am

has anyone had any luck trying to change a nominated bank account for premium bond winnings/bond withdrawals/

like many i used a building society acct...so sort code/bank acct/'roll' numberlast being my acct no. at B soc

as usual building society reduced to negligible the interest rate so i closed that acct and opened a new one (new customer!!!)

on NS&I pages the acct is shown only as sort code and acct no.....no roll number
it is not possible.....to delete that bank first named
there is option to add...but no option to remove
and without seeing a roll number its not clear that my new acct is now in force

i have had 2 over an hour 'chats' with NS & I....and am advised that i ave to go throug 'security' with them on EACH bond in order to change details

i have deleted 'paperless' for the time being...though heaven knows what problems will arise when cashing a bond

anyone found a solution..as no point ringing NS & I again

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: NS&I change nominated acct

Postby PinkDalek » December 6th, 2019, 1:53 pm

I can find:

Your nominated accounts
View or change the accounts linked to your NS&I accounts

I can also see:

Go to Your profile in the top menu and click Nominated accounts. You can then change the bank account(s) linked to your NS&I account(s).

Despite that and like you, I cannot change my Nominated accounts there but I have commenced going through Add a UK bank account which may well be where one can change things. The first "Continue" page commences Confirm your phone number We need to make a security call to you .

I find it hard to follow your posts but did you get that far, with them phoning you?

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Postby Laughton » December 6th, 2019, 3:22 pm

I think I understand what you are saying.

Is it possible that

you first have to "add" the new account and once that has been added
you change the "nominated" account from the old building society to the new account and then
you delete the old account?

mutantpoodle
Lemon Quarter

Postby mutantpoodle » December 7th, 2019, 8:08 am

yes i got as far as them wanting to ring me...but i dont do that s naturally it could be anyone ringing me .......as is so regularly warned on many web pages...including here!!

yes i did 'add' the new account....but could not delete the original...going to each bond showed:--

sort code and bank acct number...but not my 'roll' number...........hence my not knowing if the new acct is in force

no where that i can find is DELETE

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » December 7th, 2019, 8:23 am

mutantpoodle wrote:yes i got as far as them wanting to ring me...but i dont do that s naturally it could be anyone ringing me .......as is so regularly warned on many web pages...including here!!

Good grief, if you ask them to call you, then you get a call, the chances of it being a scammer who happened to masquerade as NS&I at that exact time are infinitesimally small.

I don't think anyone on here would advise against that.

Scott.

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”