Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford,GrahamPlatt, for Donating to support the site

Resolution for Nationwide AGM

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
bruncher
Lemon Quarter

Resolution for Nationwide AGM

Postby bruncher » January 10th, 2020, 8:00 pm

Putting forward a resolution
To put forward a resolution for a members’ vote at AGM time, a member must have the support of 500 qualified two-year members and the resolution must be received on or before the end of the business year, which is on 4 April each year.

Support of 500 members seems a tall order unless you're into social media and happy to have a public profile.

The resolution I would put forward would be that Nationwide allow members with current accounts to make deposits at Post Offices - which most other banks do allow.

Seems there's no other mechanism to raise the issue at the AGM e.g. 'ask a question'.

DrBunsenHoneydew
Lemon Slice

Re: Resolution for Nationwide AGM

Postby DrBunsenHoneydew » January 10th, 2020, 8:54 pm

bruncher wrote:Putting forward a resolution
To put forward a resolution for a members’ vote at AGM time, a member must have the support of 500 qualified two-year members and the resolution must be received on or before the end of the business year, which is on 4 April each year.

Support of 500 members seems a tall order unless you're into social media and happy to have a public profile.

The resolution I would put forward would be that Nationwide allow members with current accounts to make deposits at Post Offices - which most other banks do allow.

Seems there's no other mechanism to raise the issue at the AGM e.g. 'ask a question'.

I expect there are "technical difficulties" in using the PO for deposits because Nationwide isn't a Bank.

pochisoldi
Lemon Slice

Re: Resolution for Nationwide AGM

Postby pochisoldi » January 11th, 2020, 7:30 am

DrBunsenHoneydew wrote:
bruncher wrote:I expect there are "technical difficulties" in using the PO for deposits because Nationwide isn't a Bank.

Paying cheques/cash in to an account at a bank requires the use of some kind of payment service.
Given that Nationwide clear their own cheques (including image based clearing), permit BACS (in and out), SWIFT, direct debits (including AUDDIS), faster payments (in and out), and other services, any excuse along the lines of "we're not a bank" simply doesn't wash.

They aren't interested in allowing post office deposits simply because they are on the trailing edge/"dull warmth" of technology or simply couldn't be [expletive deleted] (For example it took them over a year to "add" faster payments to existing accounts - to the extent that I opened a second current account to allow FP in and out... (Yes - "new" accounts had FP, old ones had to wait)

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”