Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

New HSBC cards

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: New HSBC cards

Postby Lootman » April 12th, 2022, 5:50 pm

chas49 wrote:
Stompa wrote:Interesting, I've not had one without a signature panel so far.

My Chase debit card (issued very recently) doesn't have a signature strip. It has my name (in a format I chose - which didn't have to include my full name - e.g. could be FirstName LastInitial) - and no numbers anywhere visible (apart from Chase's phone numbers)

I am fine with the info on the back of the card, but draw the line at no numerical data at all. As stated earlier I routinely read the numbers off the card when ordering online or by phone.

Oddly my Chase card issued late last year does have only my name on the front, but the numerical info is there on the back, all unembossed of course.

Someone suggested that such blank cards are more secure. But since I would have to carry that information around with me on a phone or piece of paper, it would actually be less secure for me.

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Re: New HSBC cards

Postby chas49 » April 12th, 2022, 8:38 pm

Lootman wrote:
chas49 wrote:
Stompa wrote:Interesting, I've not had one without a signature panel so far.

My Chase debit card (issued very recently) doesn't have a signature strip. It has my name (in a format I chose - which didn't have to include my full name - e.g. could be FirstName LastInitial) - and no numbers anywhere visible (apart from Chase's phone numbers)

I am fine with the info on the back of the card, but draw the line at no numerical data at all. As stated earlier I routinely read the numbers off the card when ordering online or by phone.

Oddly my Chase card issued late last year does have only my name on the front, but the numerical info is there on the back, all unembossed of course.

Someone suggested that such blank cards are more secure. But since I would have to carry that information around with me on a phone or piece of paper, it would actually be less secure for me.

The card number etc are all in the app which only you can access (OK - there's some risk of the phone being stolen, unlocked etc) but it must be 'safer' than having them printed on the card??

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”