Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Happy Payday

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
the0ni0nking
Lemon Slice

Happy Payday

Postby the0ni0nking » March 6th, 2024, 12:58 am

I don't really know how to describe how irritated the message I received from Lloyds today made me feel.

"HAPPY PAYDAY"

This occured via the app as a result of money received from a letting agent to my personal bank account which the same account has received the monthly income from them for more than 10 years. I've never previously received the message before.

Seriously Lloyds. HAPPY PAYDAY.

Are you insane.

I might lodge a complaint against their idiocy

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Re: Happy Payday

Postby Gerry557 » March 6th, 2024, 6:47 am

Unhappy payday! :lol:

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » March 6th, 2024, 7:43 am

the0ni0nking wrote:I don't really know how to describe how irritated the message I received from Lloyds today made me feel.

"HAPPY PAYDAY"

This occured via the app as a result of money received from a letting agent to my personal bank account which the same account has received the monthly income from them for more than 10 years. I've never previously received the message before.

Seriously Lloyds. HAPPY PAYDAY.

Are you insane.

If that is all you have to worry about……………

Dod

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » March 6th, 2024, 8:29 am

the0ni0nking wrote:Seriously Lloyds. HAPPY PAYDAY.

Are you insane.

Lloyds. the bank that managed to lose - or claim to have lost - an endowment policy of my wife's and were central to some ... mis-placed... advice in the early 90s as a result meaning she in effect had to take out a new mortgage because they'd "lost" the evidence of the old one.

The "lost" endowment policy then turned up many years later when it paid out - ie they sent a letter to her. Which they then stitched up over paying out by delaying the payment when requested so that eventually they could only pay her less.

That Lloyd's Bank.

The Lloyd's bank that my wife had to phone with a query. Could only get a central call centre number. Spoke to a young chap there. She asked for the number of our local branch. No need, says the chap, we can handle every query you have from this call, no need to speak to the branch. My wife requested the local branch number again. Chap reiterated that all and any queries could be handled by him. no need to speak to the branch.

"OK", said my wife "Did we leave my daughter's hat in the Devizes branch this morning".

That Lloyd's.

Jopo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Jopo1 » March 14th, 2024, 9:09 pm

I had a Lloyds account that became a joint account with my husband some 12 years ago.
Shortly after, hubby received a birthday card for his birthday, signed by Frazer, the local branch manager. It was in like a card from a friend, not a corporate card!

We thought this hilarious, and took a walk into town to thank him, as friends do, but unfortunately he wasn't working that day.

Anyway, I thought this distinctly LESS funny 3 months later when our pal Frazer DID NOT send me a birthday card! How very dare he :o

I still have a Lloyds account, it's a good app, and I never, ever have to talk to them, as there are never any issues and everything i need is available online.

Jopo1

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”