Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Paying in cheques by mobile

Discussing offers, rates and deals on suppliers
BobbyD
Lemon Half

Re: Paying in cheques by mobile

Postby BobbyD » September 21st, 2018, 5:26 pm

Paying in cheques using BOS app is an absolute doddle... even gives you nice instructions such as lift the camera up, right a bit, hold the camera level...

midnightcatprowl
Lemon Slice

Postby midnightcatprowl » September 21st, 2018, 11:46 pm

Halifax are over the line: https://www.halifax.co.uk/aboutonline/d ... -deposits/

Mmmm well I am a Halifax Customer. I mostly bank online and rarely need to pay in cheques but oddly enough HMRC still send you cheques through the post sometimes. Recently HMRC declared to me in a letter that they owed me £8.20 or thereabouts. I'm still not entirely sure why but there you go. The last time I went to the branch to pay in a cheque they urged me to get the app for my phone so that I could pay in cheques without traipsing to the branch (and it is a traipse). So I got the app and all was looking good until I discovered that HMRC issue cheques in a colour of ink on a colour of paper which make it almost impossible to photo to a sufficient standard for the app to accept it.

Lynn

BobbyD
Lemon Half

Postby BobbyD » September 22nd, 2018, 10:17 pm

Happy to say Virgin Rail refund cheques and mobile phone cashback cheques both worked without a hitch. Did you try improving the lighting?

Return to “Bank Accounts Savings & ISAs”