Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

New Landlord

Covering Market, Trends, and Practical (but see LEMON-AID for Building & DIY)
2 Lemon pips
Posts: 186
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 3:46 pm
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: New Landlord


Postby modellingman » November 2nd, 2017, 10:42 am

JayHoe wrote:Well I have been in discussion with a broker, and they said that things like fitted ovens, fridges etc would come under buildings, wooden/laminate floors as well although carpets if only held down by grippers would be contents! I will insure a small amount for incidental contents.

I will keep an open mind on pets and take it on a case by case basis.

I do have one question though regarding insurance, is it claimable against tax?



Generally, insurance is an allowable expense. It is claimed through box 24 on HMRC's SA105 as part of your self-assessment tax return.

Return to “Property Investment Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest