Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

BangGood.com

Making your money go further
BusyBumbleBee
Lemon Slice

BangGood.com

Postby BusyBumbleBee » July 5th, 2018, 12:01 pm

Has anyone any experience of this company? Some of their offers seem just too good to be true.

elkay
Lemon Slice

Re: BangGood.com

Postby elkay » July 5th, 2018, 12:57 pm

Chinese company therefore you don't get the protection of UK/EU legislation.
Delivery can take c. 4 weeks.
You may have to pay duty & VAT, though I never have.
If you have to return for repair, you pay delivery costs - expensive to China.
People have claimed customer service is poor, but not in my experience.

My experience:
- Typically I have only ordered cheap tacky items and they have been delivered eventually.
- I ordered 2 mini-drones for $6 which was a pricing error - instead of cancelling as normally happens, they fulfilled one item and credited my account with $10.
- I ordered one expensive item - a phone for £110 which was worth c. £300. The package arrived via Seychelles, with notice attached from Royal Mail saying package was interfered with before reaching UK. Package was an empty bubble-wrap container! After a little to-and-froing they sent a replacement (initially it had gone out of stock).

So I would be happy to use them again but think twice about expensive items...maybe if the saving is significant:
- issues if return required
- customer service experience may not be as good next time.

Les

Percol351

Postby Percol351 » July 6th, 2018, 7:58 am

I use them regularly over the last 4 yrs for small items usually less than £15. All bar one item has turned up sometimes within a week and sometimes a month, they replaced the item that did not turn up.

Regards,

Percol

grumpazoid

Postby grumpazoid » August 19th, 2018, 4:31 pm

I use banggood a lot for my electronics, torch and quadcopter parts.
Sometimes ebay direct from china can be even cheaper though!

Would definately recommend. But yes, you do take a chance as warranties are limited.

Saying that, If i've ever had a problem they have sorted it out without issue - they just ask you to provide video evidence.

paradigm
Lemon Pip

Postby paradigm » February 13th, 2019, 5:11 pm

Have used BangGood, GearBest and AliExpress on several occasions for low cost items with excellent results. Delivery time has been variable but everything ordered has arrived. Incredible value and free postage and I have been very happy with every product ordered so far. I agree with the earlier comments and advice - I tend to make payment with a loadable cashcard (The Pockit Mastercard) with low funds available, just in case.

Return to “Living Below Your Means”