Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Hair highlights

Making your money go further
john10001
2 Lemon pips

Hair highlights

Postby john10001 » September 24th, 2018, 5:38 am

Is it possible to do your own hair highlights at home? You know the real stuff that you get in a salon were they mix it up and paint it on to your hair and wrap it in foil? Would it be cheaper or is it just best to get it done by the pros?

My hair is quite short and I only ever get random highlights here and there anyway so quite confident I could do it myself.

Would be interested to know if anyone does this themselves what products they use and where they can buy them from?

Everything I see in the stores seems to just be the super cheap permanent hair dye stuff.

jofc

Re: Hair highlights

Postby jofc » September 24th, 2018, 4:59 pm

I am not sure you can do it 'alone', from what I see, you would need someone to apply it for you.
How else will you know if the bits you can't see are correct or not & won't make a left/right error in the mirror & end up with stuff in the wrong place.

As for applying the dye, the Mrs has done it for our teenagers & they seemed happy.
One had permanent blue, then purple, then let it grow out.
Other had wash-out able stuff over the summer holidays - but the red bits are refusing to wash out...

sedices

Re: Hair highlights

Postby sedices » October 8th, 2018, 8:38 am

You can look up a Youtube tutorial for DIY hair highlights. I managed to do mine when I was a teen and it turned out alright. Of course, it's not as nice as when you do it in a salon but it definitely saved me lots of money by DIY-ing.

Return to “Living Below Your Means”