Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Tracking Expenses

Making your money go further
Dod101
The full Lemon

Tracking Expenses

Postby Dod101 » November 28th, 2018, 7:41 am

Soon be December. Then it will be the end of the year. I do not usually look forward to that but this year is different because this will be the second full year when I have been recording my expenses assiduously each day and will soon be able to make a comparison. Should be interesting. I am already seeing a pattern of course and am surprised indeed slightly shocked, at how much I spend on booze compared to food for instance! I have already cut down my actual electricity used by about £100 per quarter. (I still pay quarterly as I do not like giving the electricity supplier my money each month based on their estimate)

I can recommend the exercise and although I do not claim it to be accurate to the penny I do try to record every expense. There are no estimates and I count overseas travel quite separately as I am trying to record day to day expenses. So for 2019, I will see if I can not necessarily cut back (although that may be done as well) but certainly get better value for my money.

Dod

GrandOiseau
Lemon Slice

Re: Tracking Expenses

Postby GrandOiseau » November 28th, 2018, 10:09 am

Good for you Dod.

With having two children and me and the wife working full time and trying to maintain some sort of social life it's really difficult to nail down the family and personal finances. I feel it's really important to keep on top of things.

Return to “Living Below Your Means”