Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Electricity Suppliier - Utility Point

Making your money go further
Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Electricity Suppliier - Utility Point

Postby Rhyd6 » January 10th, 2019, 1:36 pm

We're thinking about changing our current supplier because of a substantial increase in costs. Favourite at the moment is Utility Point, but having never heard of them I thought I'd check to see if anyone has had any dealings with them. Any info gratefully received.

R6

Moderator Message:
Title edited to make it more likely that relevant people will see it and moved to a better board (chas49)

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: Electricity Suppliier - Utility Point

Postby PinkDalek » January 10th, 2019, 1:53 pm

Rhyd6 wrote:We're thinking about changing our current supplier because of a substantial increase in costs. Favourite at the moment is Utility Point, but having never heard of them I thought I'd check to see if anyone has had any dealings with them. Any info gratefully received.

R6

At least they don't appear to be one of the 8 that have collapsed to date but I can't find them in this list from last year (which does include If you can't find a supplier's customer service rating If the supplier you want to check doesn't have an overall customer service rating they might not have given us a full set of data.)

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about ... r-service/

You may wish to study the reviews here, assuming they are impartial:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.utilitypoint.co.uk

Stompa
Lemon Slice

Postby Stompa » January 10th, 2019, 2:23 pm

Rhyd6 wrote:We're thinking about changing our current supplier because of a substantial increase in costs. Favourite at the moment is Utility Point, but having never heard of them I thought I'd check to see if anyone has had any dealings with them. Any info gratefully received.

I've been with them for both gas and electricity for about 6 months now. Switchover went smoothly, and I've not had any problems.

This thread:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sh ... ?t=5766963

is probably worth a read.

Should you want a referral code (which would credit both of our accounts by £25) let me know!

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Postby Rhyd6 » January 11th, 2019, 3:50 pm

Thanks Stompa if we do go down this route I'll let you know. OH is still searching.

R6

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » January 12th, 2019, 12:48 pm

I can recommend GoodEnergy. Not the cheapest, but a) environmentally minded, b) good customer service and c) financially as sound as it is possible for a mid-sized provider to be.

All the electricity providers are being squeezed. A lot of the small newer entrants will wash out, this is ongoing. I think the mid-sized ones will make it. Some of the biggest ones are actually thinking of shutting down as they are running at a loss.

regards, dspp

kspradhan

Postby kspradhan » May 29th, 2019, 9:35 pm

They have been good so far. Switching was relatively easy.

Return to “Living Below Your Means”