Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

TopCashBack v Quidco

Making your money go further
gnawsome
Lemon Slice

TopCashBack v Quidco

Postby gnawsome » August 12th, 2021, 1:32 pm

As I have mentioned before, I made a purchase from TCB in Feb this year with the promise of cash back. This has never shown on my account and despite enquiries and some sort of assurances nothing has ever been recorded - much less paid as cash back.
I have submitted claims previously and again now.
I suspect I will have to pursue this by other means. Do these cashback companies have to conform to a regulator or some such to whom I might refer?
A point to mention is that TCB have blocked me from receiving emails because for a few months I have been 'junking' their marketing emails.

I have recently made a similar type of purchase transaction via Quidco...
It was recorded on my account within a week.
To my ignorant self the sites and procedures for me to follow appeared very similar. Very much just follow the prompts and select and pay. All of which I did without any difficulty.

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Re: TopCashBack v Quidco

Postby AF62 » August 14th, 2021, 4:01 pm

My experience is that there is little difference between the two websites if there is an issue with tracking the purchase and getting payment, and if anything have had more issues with Quidco than TopCashBack.

As for doing anything about it - good luck as they hide behind a wall of T&Cs which could be summarised as 'not our fault, sucks for you'.

These days I treat any cashback as a bonus if it pays, rather than as a reason to purchase through them. You have to particularly careful of insurance companies as the prices buying through Quidco and TopCashBack rather than direct tend to be higher by the amount of the cashback.

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » August 14th, 2021, 6:02 pm

I did have both a few years ago
but dropped Quidco as TCB had more retailers (for my preferences)
Not sure what the OP meant by marketing emails - maybe I opted out, can't remember having to do that but I opt out of EVERYONE'S marketing cr*p (I don't need anyone trying to tell me what to buy, I can make my own mind up)
The only emails I get from them are to say a purchase has been tracked and a monthly summary of my earnings

gnawsome
Lemon Slice

Postby gnawsome » August 19th, 2021, 1:18 pm

AF62 wrote:My experience is that there is little difference between the two websites if there is an issue with tracking the purchase and getting payment, and if anything have had more issues with Quidco than TopCashBack.

As for doing anything about it - good luck as they hide behind a wall of T&Cs which could be summarised as 'not our fault, sucks for you'.

These days I treat any cashback as a bonus if it pays, rather than as a reason to purchase through them. You have to particularly careful of insurance companies as the prices buying through Quidco and TopCashBack rather than direct tend to be higher by the amount of the cashback.

Hi AF62
It surely is the case that the purchaser needs to be very careful as to selecting where to buy. I have bought thro' Quidco mostly in recent years but sometimes directly, when ie Tesco have been cheaper with membership benefits.
This time I thought I would try TCB but was wary when I did not see any activity recorded on my account page I made contact several times and received assurances but nothing viewable happened.
I have now written directly to their registered office. Not yet received a reply but in 'ferreting' about the website I have found what I would describe as obscure pages that show that I should have provided answers to enquiries that had already been given.

I also noticed a piece of info that I vaguely remembered having seen or been told
[b]Your Missing CashBack Claim has been put 'On Ice', as the merchant in which you are claiming against imposes a validation period of 180 days.
We will need to keep your claim on our system until this time period has elapsed from the date in which you have completed your transaction, thereafter it will be automatically released after
12/08/2021
[/b]

So I am hopeful it will resolve according to a timescale and will post -- if,as and when

gnawsome
Lemon Slice

Postby gnawsome » August 19th, 2021, 1:34 pm

pje16 wrote:I did have both a few years ago
but dropped Quidco as TCB had more retailers (for my preferences)
Not sure what the OP meant by marketing emails - maybe I opted out, can't remember having to do that but I opt out of EVERYONE'S marketing cr*p (I don't need anyone trying to tell me what to buy, I can make my own mind up)
The only emails I get from them are to say a purchase has been tracked and a monthly summary of my earnings

Hi pje16
By 'marketing emails' I mean that irritating sales stuff that arrives unbidden several times a week that has to be deleted. It seems that marking it as junk offends their sensibilities and they won't have anything to do with me.
Your attitude to sales tactics is very similar to my own - in that I buy but won't be sold.
I take it to another level in so far as I block my letterbox against flyers etc and protest to head offices of 'Charities' collecting via bags.
Solid policy 'Nothing at the door' -- No exceptions

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » August 19th, 2021, 2:00 pm

Oh OK gnawsome
Like you I hate sales emails and anything else unsolicited
mind you, GDPR has stopped a lot of it :D

Return to “Living Below Your Means”