Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Royal Mail Swap out scheme: proving what you've sent

Making your money go further
Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Royal Mail Swap out scheme: proving what you've sent

Postby Dod101 » July 19th, 2023, 9:30 am

wilwak9 wrote:I’m now at nearly 3 weeks from sending in a Freepost application… no response yet!

They do say allow 15 working days before contacting them so I’m now very close to that.

Why is nothing ever easy? Hassle and telephone queues coming my way it seems! Sigh……

It was easy when I sent mine in a few months back. Wait until near the cut off period and I guess delays will happen. With the long lead time Royal Mail gave us I used up quite a few of the old stamps anyway and then swapped the remaining ones for the new bar coded ones. Given the price of postage these days, I use very few stamps anyway so it is not a big issue.

Dod

Watis
Lemon Quarter

Postby Watis » July 29th, 2023, 12:48 pm

Watis wrote:I sent mine off in the first week of July, ahead of the expected final push - here's one such example from MSE, re-upped from June:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/ ... k-warning/

HTH someone!

Watis

Received my replacement stamps yesterday.

I hadn't realised that, although the non-barcoded definitive stamps cannot be used after Monday, there is not a deadline for swapping them. I hadn't realised this myself.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66335213

Watis

bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Postby bluedonkey » July 29th, 2023, 1:37 pm

Discovered loads of old commemorative stamps from my much younger years. They don't need to be swapped. Quite a challenge using up large stamps with values of 12p, 13.5p and 15p! I've started a spreadsheet to help get to current 2nd class value.

Return to “Living Below Your Means”