Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Switching utility companies

Making your money go further
TopStar74
Lemon Pip

Switching utility companies

Postby TopStar74 » September 22nd, 2022, 5:07 pm

Are these websites not working anymore?

I tried moneysupermarket. It said they have very limited deals, so I just got the request to just enter my email address and they will get back.

I then tried uswitch and it constantly keeps telling me I have a business meter (which I do not) and therefore guides me to uswitch business.

PS: Apologies if this is not the right board. It's been a long time since TMF I haven't been very active.

Loup321
Lemon Slice

Re: Switching utility companies

Postby Loup321 » September 24th, 2022, 9:17 pm

There are no fixed rate deals that are better than the standard variable tariffs at the moment. If you are coming to the end of a fixed rate deal, all the current fixed rate deals are far more expensive. The price comparison websites won't be able to find anything cheaper, so can't recommend anything to you. It was the same when I looked about a year ago, when my supplier suggested that at the end of my deal I go onto their best deal which was about twice the price of the variable tariff.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » September 25th, 2022, 9:00 am

And the other problem is that at the moment companies don't want new customers, so even though you want to switch because of crap service for example most companies are not offering quotes to new customers even on the capped tariff. Which is against their licence obligations.

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » September 26th, 2022, 7:40 pm

Reported today in The Times (no link) that Ovo's latest accounts were qualified by the auditors “a material uncertainty that may cast significant doubt on the group’s and company’s ability to continue as a going concern”..

That would be Bulb on steroids.

V8

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Postby AF62 » September 26th, 2022, 8:02 pm

daveh wrote:And the other problem is that at the moment companies don't want new customers, so even though you want to switch because of crap service for example most companies are not offering quotes to new customers even on the capped tariff. Which is against their licence obligations.

Most are, but not through their websites and only through phone calls - although getting through on the phone is not always easy.

Return to “Living Below Your Means”