Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Bargains in Waitrose

Making your money go further
servodude
Lemon Half

Re: Bargains in Waitrose

Postby servodude » December 27th, 2022, 11:45 am

BullDog wrote:
WrenChasen wrote:
BullDog wrote:Could do worse than pick up a couple of bottles of Jansz sparkling wine reduced at the moment in Waitrose. A delicious champagne style Tasmanian sparkler and it even comes in a nice box for Christmas lunch. Couldn't resist collecting a few bottles myself yesterday.

I happened to be in Waitrose not long after reading your comment and decided to give the Jansz a go (it helped that it was on offer) and in a taste test with friends on Christmas Day it absolutely knocked the socks off the Piper-Heidseick NV Brut I'd already bought.

Thanks for that.

Happy to have helped! For the money it's a steal and a great choice of Christmas Day bubbles. A realistic high quality alternative to Champagne. I have some earmarked for New Year.

Just finished the last bottle I had in the house cos the neighbours came round for nibbles (they brought Chandon :( )
For any posters reading in Aus it's currently on special in Liquorland, with a further 10% off via code "storewide" and another 12% cashback from "cashrewards"
- almost makes up for not being in Hobart this Xmas - cos it was bloody 40deg according to my car today in Melbourne!

WrenChasen
2 Lemon pips

Re: Bargains in Waitrose

Postby WrenChasen » December 27th, 2022, 2:03 pm

servodude wrote:Just finished the last bottle I had in the house cos the neighbours came round for nibbles (they brought Chandon :( )
For any posters reading in Aus it's currently on special in Liquorland, with a further 10% off via code "storewide" and another 12% cashback from "cashrewards"
- almost makes up for not being in Hobart this Xmas - cos it was bloody 40deg according to my car today in Melbourne!

40deg?! Strewth! :shock: When I lived in Melbourne back in the day, I clearly remember waiting at a tram stop on the Dandenong Road in Windsor reflecting that the predicted 26deg, which was about average for the summer, was probably the reason most Poms opted to live in south Victoria.

Return to “Living Below Your Means”