Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Free Stuff

Making your money go further
Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Free Stuff

Postby Howyoudoin » December 22nd, 2022, 10:37 am

We had our weekly grocery shop delivered by Asda last night.

The delivery man cheerily wished us Merry Christmas from everyone at Asda and handed us an extra 'Christmas Eve' box along with the usual crates of groceries.

On opening this after he left, it contained a dozen Christmas Crackers, a Christmas Pudding, two boxes of mince pies, two Yule Logs and a few other Xmas bits I can't recall now. When I totted up the value of these, it came to about £30.

We've only been customers of Asda for about 6 weeks so this was a surprise.

Has anyone received similar?

HYD

Stompa
Lemon Slice

Re: Free Stuff

Postby Stompa » December 22nd, 2022, 11:04 am

We had our Asda delivery about an hour ago (having used them weekly since 2020), and nowt for us!

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » December 22nd, 2022, 11:41 am

Could that be a classic case of marketing to (rewarding) the richest?

HYD (I believe) has a very affluent address, and having recently become a family man may be spending more than in the past. They value his business!

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » December 22nd, 2022, 11:45 am

UncleEbenezer wrote:Could that be a classic case of marketing to (rewarding) the richest?

HYD (I believe) has a very affluent address, and having recently become a family man may be spending more than in the past. They value his business!

LOL, thanks for that chuckle.

I have a nice house but it's all relative as I live in Romford, one of least desirable places to live in London.

If others haven't received a similar thank you gift, I suspect this is a store specific promotion and I just got very lucky on the date and time of delivery.

I'm not moaning though. :)

HYD

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » December 22nd, 2022, 12:20 pm

It wasn't all good news though.

Our usual Sweet Chilli crisps had ben substituted for . . . wait for it . . . Halloumi and Lime flavour. What the..? I couldn't taste anything other than lime. Yuck!

I thought I had a stomach like a billy goat when it came to crisps and liked all flavours, but those proved me wrong, that's for sure.

HYD

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » December 22nd, 2022, 12:28 pm

Howyoudoin wrote:
UncleEbenezer wrote:Could that be a classic case of marketing to (rewarding) the richest?

I have a nice house but it's all relative as I live in Romford, one of least desirable places to live in London.

Fairy nuff. :oops:

I thought I had a recollection of you posting something relating to a posh zone 1 address. Even a pic of your local streets. Though that was before your marriage and progeny. Maybe my memory is at fault, or I misunderstood something.

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » December 22nd, 2022, 1:27 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:
Howyoudoin wrote:

Fairy nuff. :oops:

I thought I had a recollection of you posting something relating to a posh zone 1 address. Even a pic of your local streets. Though that was before your marriage and progeny. Maybe my memory is at fault, or I misunderstood something.

Ha, I guess that this could be a reference to our flat in Westbourne Park/Notting Hill/North Kensington (delete for preferred name).

Loved living there purely for the address and local area/parks/pubs.

We’ve kept that flat so will perhaps live there again in the future, god willing.

HYD

Return to “Living Below Your Means”