Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Brittish American Tobacco Announcement

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Re: Brittish American Tobacco Announcement

Postby ReformedCharacter » June 13th, 2018, 7:29 pm

Bouleversee wrote:Thanks, Mon. Must have been wishful thinking in my sleep.

There's a list here:

http://www.imperialbrandsplc.com/About- ... anies.html

They own 60% of Logista:

Logista is one of the largest distribution businesses in Europe, serving 300,000 outlets across Spain, France, Italy, Portugal and Poland. The business services tobacco and non-tobacco customers and has established a long track record of delivering sustainable value.

RC

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Postby OLTB » June 13th, 2018, 8:10 pm

ReformedCharacter wrote:
Bouleversee wrote:Thanks, Mon. Must have been wishful thinking in my sleep.

There's a list here:

http://www.imperialbrandsplc.com/About- ... anies.html

They own 60% of Logista:

Logista is one of the largest distribution businesses in Europe, serving 300,000 outlets across Spain, France, Italy, Portugal and Poland. The business services tobacco and non-tobacco customers and has established a long track record of delivering sustainable value.

RC

Thanks RC - so Logista is the Southern European equivalent of Palmer and Harvey and hopefully more successful...

Cheers, OLTB.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » June 13th, 2018, 8:27 pm

Yes, I was wondering whether that would compensate to a small degree if others stole some of their business but then thought that was also wishful thinking so didn't mention it.

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Postby moorfield » June 13th, 2018, 9:53 pm

I am more concerned about other details in the release which again cast doubt over British American Tobacco’s long-term profits outlook, though...............................I’m worried by the rate at which total cigarette consumption is dropping. The firm itself estimates that global cigarette volumes will fall 3.5% in 2017.

The operating margins of the big tobacco cos area still phat and one would hope can absorb some of that.

The North Korean market may be coming on stream soon too ... ;)

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » June 14th, 2018, 6:17 am

monabri wrote:
BTW, Ian - your "t" is sticking! :)

Ta for pointting that out. Not the case though as it was my naff typing that resulted in the miss-spelt title. To get back on thread though, I have decided to stick to my original intention, by topping up my BATS holdings as this months pick. That'll happen on 22nd of this month, pushing BATS up to 2.8% in capital value of my HYP. It sits alongside Imperial Brands in the HYP, making my overall exposure to tobacco to 6.2% in capital value of my HYP whole. I'm ok with that. As to a further top up of IMB next month, we'll see nearer the time.

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”