Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Greencoat UK Wind Plc (UKW) -Increase in Annual Dividend & Commencement of Share Buyback Programme.

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
simoan
Lemon Quarter

Re: Greencoat UK Wind Plc (UKW) -Increase in Annual Dividend & Commencement of Share Buyback Programme.

Postby simoan » February 18th, 2024, 1:43 pm

csearle wrote:If a share's price basically correlates with the weather then I would look at the average windiness of the locations they have their turbines and see (as best one can) if last year's was part of a blip or a trend. C.

That’s a little too simplistic, unfortunately. The price of electricity will have an impact on their supply contracts and that is falling also. There are quite a lot of moving parts, not least of which is the political risk of changes in energy policy.

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Re: Greencoat UK Wind Plc (UKW) -Increase in Annual Dividend & Commencement of Share Buyback Programme.

Postby simoan » February 18th, 2024, 4:15 pm

simoan wrote:
monabri wrote:I note that the shareprice of UKW has fallen to just over 127p per share. The yield " on offer" is looking attractive and the 12m average discount on NAV has doubled from 11% to 22%. Surely a top up opportunity (or a falling knife)?

Personally, I would wait until the FY23 results statement on 29th February, particularly as we know from other companies that the wind has not met expectations. Earnings forecasts for FY23 have been dropping recently and the share price has simply followed. But each to their own...

Sorry. I believe the results date I quoted was only an estimate from a website. I have checked the investor section of the website and the company has not published a date for the FY23 results announcement. Last year results day was 23rd Feb, so it could to be this week.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » February 18th, 2024, 5:19 pm

The results are supposed to be announced 28th February.

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Postby AJC5001 » February 18th, 2024, 6:47 pm

daveh wrote:The results are supposed to be announced 28th February.

From the link posted by funduffer on 1st Feb https://www.investegate.co.uk/announcement/rns/greencoat-uk-wind--ukw/net-asset-value-and-dividend-announcement/8011186 :-
"The Company advises that it will release its annual results for the period to 31 December 2023 on Thursday 29 February 2024."

Adrian

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”