Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

State of play - My HYP

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: State of play - My HYP

Postby idpickering » November 2nd, 2017, 5:23 am

Arborbridge wrote:Ian,

I hope you settle in OK and all works out in the way you wish. Let's hope the interwebby thing gets up and running quickly. No doubt your HYP will carry on running nicely with no internet or possibility of pickering at all

Brave brave decision, if I may say so, minister (with apologies to Yes Minister)

Arb.

Thanks for your kind words guys. As for the brave decision Arb, we do have a family connection there in so much as my son in law was born there. In fact, he, my daughter, and their two kids moved there three months ago. My missus misses them so we're moving. I shouldn't be 'off line' for long, days maybe.

Anyway, to get back OT, it will do me and my HYP good to have a trial separation I think. :lol: I'm happy with how it's set up now, and am ok to let it do it's thing.

Regards,

Ian.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 18th, 2017, 7:21 am

Snorvey wrote:Good luck with Orkney Ian. We may get a North of Scotland social to rival the Londoners yet (mind you, MelonFool did offer to fly up to Inverness, so we may get some more southern participants).

Saying that, I'm pretty sure we have the offer of the use of a holiday home in Kirkwall to take advantage of at some point, so you never know!

Good morning all, firstly, thanks for all the best wishes regarding our move. That came to a climax yesterday, and as I type I'm sat in the lounge of a log cabin on the island of Rousay, Orkney!

Anyway, to get back on topic for this board, next week I will be topping up my Marston's holdings slightly, nudging them up to 2% in capital vale of the HYP.

ian.

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » November 18th, 2017, 8:59 am

idpickering wrote:
Snorvey wrote:Good luck with Orkney Ian. We may get a North of Scotland social to rival the Londoners yet (mind you, MelonFool did offer to fly up to Inverness, so we may get some more southern participants).

Saying that, I'm pretty sure we have the offer of the use of a holiday home in Kirkwall to take advantage of at some point, so you never know!

Good morning all, firstly, thanks for all the best wishes regarding our move. That came to a climax yesterday, and as I type I'm sat in the lounge of a log cabin on the island of Rousay, Orkney!

Anyway, to get back on topic for this board, next week I will be topping up my Marston's holdings slightly, nudging them up to 2% in capital vale of the HYP.

ian.

Yes, good luck "up there", Ian.

I would have thought you would be topping up whisky manufacturers, Diageo, or whoever makes thermal underwear! ;)

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » November 18th, 2017, 9:10 am

having viewed orkney from dunnett head , it looks alluring.

re your hyp , no more profit warnings from low margin contract dependent support services or construction.

but i do wonder where the next profit warnings will come from .

anyone got any suggestions?

:?:

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » November 18th, 2017, 2:32 pm

Glad to hear that you have completed your move, Ian. If Marston's tick your boxes, that's the way to go. For me, BT.A is way in front, but behind them it changes almost daily.

Where might the next profit warning come from? Probably from a direction which nobody expects. The trouble is that even innocuous remarks get seized on and good results lead to a fall in price. Also poor results can lead to a price rise. Your guess is as good as mine.

TJH

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 18th, 2017, 4:50 pm

tjh290633 wrote:Glad to hear that you have completed your move, Ian. If Marston's tick your boxes, that's the way to go. For me, BT.A is way in front, but behind them it changes almost daily.

Where might the next profit warning come from? Probably from a direction which nobody expects. The trouble is that even innocuous remarks get seized on and good results lead to a fall in price. Also poor results can lead to a price rise. Your guess is as good as mine.

TJH

Thanks for your replies and good wishes guys. We don't hang around. My wife and I just agreed on a new house half an hour ago. Fantastic views.

To get back on topic for this board, sorry mods, The top up of MARS will probably be it for them for now. Thereafter I haven't made my mind up yet, but I'm not intending on bringing any more newbies on board. 30 shares is plenty enough to keep my eyes on. :D

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”