Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Sky Announcement

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Sky Announcement

Postby idpickering » February 14th, 2018, 7:07 am

Sky extends Premier League rights through to 2022

Following the outcome of the recent Premier League auction, from 2019 Sky will show more matches than ever before, with the biggest matches in the best slots sitting alongside an ever broader offering of drama, entertainment and comedy.

Full item here;

https://www.investegate.co.uk/sky-plc-- ... 00038034E/

TurboukToo2

Re: Sky Announcement

Postby TurboukToo2 » February 14th, 2018, 8:25 am

Shareprice up 3.32% at time of writing - curiously now approx 20p more than Fox offer price of £10.75.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » February 14th, 2018, 9:17 am

£10.95 - I think I'll take some of that, I've just sold down to average weighting - Sky was overweight before all this fox/disney stuff started and has been income devoid for a while so I'll take a profit in lieu of a couple of missed dividends.

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Postby OLTB » February 14th, 2018, 9:24 am

kempiejon wrote:£10.95 - I think I'll take some of that, I've just sold down to average weighting - Sky was overweight before all this fox/disney stuff started and has been income devoid for a while so I'll take a profit in lieu of a couple of missed dividends.

Argghh, stop it kempiejon, I'm a devout Doris...it does look tempting though...I'll have to check the ex-div date for the next interim dividend that was declared. Right, time to switch off Outlook.

Cheers, OLTB.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » February 14th, 2018, 9:30 am

OLTB wrote:
kempiejon wrote:£10.95 - I think I'll take some of that, I've just sold down to average weighting - Sky was overweight before all this fox/disney stuff started and has been income devoid for a while so I'll take a profit in lieu of a couple of missed dividends.

Argghh, stop it kempiejon, I'm a devout Doris...it does look tempting though...I'll have to check the ex-div date for the next interim dividend that was declared. Right, time to switch off Outlook.

Cheers, OLTB.

Perhaps I should qualify that - I too try not to sell but I'll make an exception for unsheltered capital gains in the run up to the new tax year. Sky fitted that bill perfectly for me. I still hold within my ISA where any future dividend increases can come and if the take over goes ahead at the expected price so be it, I know I'm not clever enough to know whats coming next but I also know I like to maximise my capital gains.

Next Xd 22nd March for 13p.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”