Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

BT Group Announcement

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

BT Group Announcement

Postby idpickering » February 23rd, 2018, 2:11 pm

BT response to Wholesale Local Access review

BT notes the publication of Ofcom's Wholesale Local Access review (WLA) draft statement this morning.
Today's statement from Ofcom gives us certainty on the pricing of key products for the next three years.
BT estimates that the price changes in today's Ofcom WLA draft statement, for the directly charge controlled products, will have a year on year adverse financial impact on Openreach's revenue and profit in 2018/19 in the range £80m - £120m. There will be further year on year impacts on Openreach, resulting from price reductions to the directly charge controlled products, in each of the successive two financial years in the range of low to mid tens of millions of pounds. Additionally, Openreach's cost base will increase as a result of meeting the more demanding minimum service levels required in WLA markets.

Full item here;

https://www.investegate.co.uk/bt-group- ... 18317750F/

This might explain why the sp is up 4.5%. It's nice to see some good news regarding them. I've topped up 5 times since 24 Oct 2016, so I'm fairly laden with the shares, they currently weigh in at 3.5% in capital value of my 29 share HYP.

Ian.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: BT Group Announcement

Postby Breelander » February 23rd, 2018, 2:23 pm

idpickering wrote:This might explain why the sp is up 4.5%. It's nice to see some good news regarding them...

Odd definition of 'good news' when BT say...
BT estimates that the price changes in today's Ofcom WLA draft statement, for the directly charge controlled products, will have a year on year adverse financial impact on Openreach's revenue and profit...

...perhaps the market was expecting worse :)

Bree (holds BT for the long term)

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » February 23rd, 2018, 2:54 pm

Breelander wrote:
idpickering wrote:This might explain why the sp is up 4.5%. It's nice to see some good news regarding them...

BT estimates that the price changes in today's Ofcom WLA draft statement, for the directly charge controlled products, will have a year on year adverse financial impact on Openreach's revenue and profit...

That's how I was taking it Bree, maybe they expected worse. I have no intention of selling my BT Group shares, and am shy of topping up yet further. Maybe, we'll see?

Ian.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » February 23rd, 2018, 9:02 pm

Breelander wrote:

This was in ADVFN's evening markets report:
"On the bright side, BT racked up strong gains as telecoms regulator Ofcom eased price controls on its network subsidiary Openreach"

And the s.p. was up 5%. Me neither, Bree.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”