Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Sky Announcement

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Sky Announcement

Postby idpickering » February 27th, 2018, 2:18 pm

Next wave of innovation, Spotify set to launch

Sky announces the next stage in the development of Sky Q, Europe's best home entertainment experience. Beginning next month, Sky will progressively roll out product features that will make the Sky Q experience even better.

At the same time, Sky Group is announcing a new partnership with the world's leading music subscription service Spotify. Starting first in the UK and Ireland, the partnership will offer customers easier access to more of the entertainment they love

https://www.investegate.co.uk/sky-plc-- ... 02350523G/

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Re: Sky Announcement

Postby Bouleversee » February 27th, 2018, 3:07 pm

Ian -

I think you may have missed this one. Big increase in s.p. today as a result:

https://uk.webfg.com/news/m-a/comcast-t ... 58194.html

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » February 27th, 2018, 3:16 pm

I think Comcast's offer is worth £12.50 per share, l6% up on Fox's offer, but the share price has gone up 21%, so does that mean that they are expecting an even higher offer from Fox?

ayshfm1
Lemon Slice

Postby ayshfm1 » February 27th, 2018, 3:26 pm

There is a divi announced but broadly yes market thinks a counter offer is possible.

The rationale being that Disney wants to own Sky and if it doesn't let Fox make a bigger offer it'll end up with a minority holding.

It's all speculation though . Personally I'm a bit tired of Sky, it hasn't been a great HYP pick, I'll be happy to let it go especially north of £12.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » February 27th, 2018, 4:47 pm

Yes, it is dragging on a bit. Am tempted to sell in the market.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » February 27th, 2018, 4:52 pm

Bouleversee wrote:Ian -

Thanks Bouleversee. It seems there's more to this than meets the eye. Mine anyway.... ;)

Ian.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » February 27th, 2018, 7:39 pm

idpickering wrote:
Bouleversee wrote:Ian -

Thanks Bouleversee. It seems there's more to this than meets the eye. Mine anyway.... ;)

Ian.

There might be some confusion.

Boulee's link was about Comcast and their possible all cash offer. Unfortunately Boulee seems to have missed your earlier thread on the subject:

viewtopic.php?p=120654#p120654

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » February 27th, 2018, 9:07 pm

There certainly is some confusion and I certainly did miss Ian's post on this at7.49 a.m. (or whatever it was) because it doesn't show up when I click on the HYP Practical board.. The first post on the list with today's date is at 10.11 from Puffster in reply to Arb's re iii infrastructure's consolidation and special div. I was aware of the Comcast offer and surprised that there was nothing on here about it (as Monabri will I hope confirm as I dent him a private email about it). I am beginning to doubt my sanity, or is there something wrong with your system? How is it that PD can see that thread and I can see it if I click on his link, but if I just go on the board and look at the list it doesn't appear to be there? I checked to see if there was a 2nd page but there doesn't seem to be. I think I need an early night!

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » February 28th, 2018, 5:52 am

Bouleversee wrote:There certainly is some confusion and I certainly did miss Ian's post on this at7.49 a.m. (or whatever it was) because it doesn't show up when I click on the HYP Practical board.. The first post on the list with today's date is at 10.11 from Puffster in reply to Arb's re iii infrastructure's consolidation and special div. I was aware of the Comcast offer and surprised that there was nothing on here about it (as Monabri will I hope confirm as I dent him a private email about it). I am beginning to doubt my sanity, or is there something wrong with your system? How is it that PD can see that thread and I can see it if I click on his link, but if I just go on the board and look at the list it doesn't appear to be there? I checked to see if there was a 2nd page but there doesn't seem to be. I think I need an early night!

Thanks PinkDalek for your input. Bouleversee, I first heard about this matter whilst watching Bloomberg yesterday morning. I then looked for a link to the item and at 0749hrs put up my opening post on this thread; Comcast offer to buy Sky here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10333 I hope that clarifies things for you.

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”