Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Standard Chartered Resume Dividend

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
BristolDave

Standard Chartered Resume Dividend

Postby BristolDave » February 27th, 2018, 2:35 pm

Not sure if many here still hold Standard Chartered (STAN) after they stopped the dividend. I still kept mine as they give exposure to Asian markets,

They announced today the resumption of dividends OK a measly 11c per share, however the board stated their intentions to increase the dividend and it is covered 4.3 x.

For those interested Ex Div 8th March / Paid 17th May

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Re: Standard Chartered Resume Dividend

Postby moorfield » February 27th, 2018, 2:49 pm

I hold some of their shares we're not allowed to discuss here, and which have been paying me a steady dividend for years.

+30% on initial capital invested also.

Lovely.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » February 27th, 2018, 3:50 pm

I've got some ords, I paired them with HSBC which was the smart move. One of my classic HYP buys, get in just before the dividend cut. I also hold their pref.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » February 28th, 2018, 8:06 am

BristolDave wrote:Not sure if many here still hold Standard Chartered (STAN) after they stopped the dividend. I still kept mine as they give exposure to Asian markets,

They announced today the resumption of dividends OK a measly 11c per share, however the board stated their intentions to increase the dividend and it is covered 4.3 x.

For those interested Ex Div 8th March / Paid 17th May

Thanks for that. Yes, they've been continuously held in my WyfHYP. I couldn't be bothered to sell and thought to be patient on this one. It's easier to be less pro-active on the WyfHYP as the income isn't needed.
Since they have doubled since the dark days, I feel hanging on was the right thing to do - as luck would have it! This is a case where HYP guidelines were actually a disadvantage - buying more would have been the smart thing. Buying after a cut can be a bonus, if the company survives. 20/20 hindsight ;)

Arb.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”