Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

HYP now all in ISA

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
funduffer
Lemon Quarter

HYP now all in ISA

Postby funduffer » February 28th, 2018, 3:51 pm

Today I sold the final 2 shares that formed part of my HYP from my share dealing account - Nex Group (NXG) and Wood Group (WG.). After several years of Bed & ISA, my HYP is now entirely in my tax free account.

However, I have decided not to re-invest the proceeds into the same shares in my ISA account, as they are both relatively low yielding.

In fact I have decided to withdraw the proceeds entirely from my HYP and invest it instead in my IT portfolio instead (probably Murray International). I have had rather too much excitement in my HYP this year (what with Carillion, Capita and AMFW), and cannot think of a compelling HYP share to add to the HYP.

This reduces my HYP to 20 shares in 16 sectors, which I am comfortable with, and there will be no further changes until I have new money to invest. This might be a while, as I will probably be spending most dividends this year!

My HYP now looks like this (by value):

Unilever 5.29%
BAE Systems 4.57%
Sainsbury (J) 5.73%
Royal Dutch Shell 'B' 7.14%
HSBC Holdings 8.34%
BHP Billiton 5.79%
Vodafone Group 6.29%
National Grid 2.72%
GlaxoSmithKline 10.92%
South32 Limited (DI) 3.48%
Legal and General Group 6.93%
Galliford Try 3.36%
Imperial Brands 3.81%
Lloyds Banking Group 3.75%
Marston's 4.93%
Stagecoach Group 2.91%
Capita 0.94%
SSE 4.63%
British Land Company 3.68%
WPP 4.81%

Forecast yield is almost 6% (if you believe it).

Only one obvious dog - Capita!

Will report again next year.

FD

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: HYP now all in ISA

Postby Dod101 » February 28th, 2018, 4:34 pm

That seems to me to be a sensible idea and a decent spread of HYP shares. Thanks for that. As you say, quite difficult to find good HYP shares these days. I would taken a look at Chesnara or Phoenix Holdings although you may feel you have enough exposure to the financial sector. They are quite different though.

Dod

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”