Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron, for Donating to support the site

Unilever to lose London listing?

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Re: Unilever to lose London listing?

Postby Gengulphus » March 16th, 2018, 6:21 pm

moorfield wrote:So (hypothetically, for now) ULVR would no longer be a new (or topupable) HYP candidate based on index and yield under the Board Guidance, and yet I imagine many here would continue to hold.

Clariman wrote:If selected, such shares should have a dividend yield above the average for the FTSE100 index and be drawn from the constituents of the FTSE 350 index.

Which strikes me as a little absurd.

So: Should removal from the index mandate disposal of a HYP share?

No, not even by the strict letter of the guidance, for two reasons. First, it's guidance about what can be discussed on this board, not about what we have to do with our HYPs, so even if the second reason didn't exist, it would merely place part of our portfolios off-limits for discussion on this board, not mandate disposing of shares. Secondly, we are expected to pay attention to all of the guidance rather than just to selected quotes, and the guidance also includes (with my bold):

Clariman wrote:Discussion of potential shares, and of shares which have been selected in the past, is acceptable on the HYP Practical Board.

So it wouldn't even place part of our portfolios off-limits for discussion on this board.

Gengulphus

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”