Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

My May HYP top up

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

My May HYP top up

Postby idpickering » May 21st, 2018, 12:08 pm

Good afternoon all,

My HYP was discussed at length here last month, and can be viewed via this link should you so desire to see it again; viewtopic.php?f=15&p=133086#p133086

Tomorrow I shall be topping up my National Grid holdings, following which it will form about 3.6% in capital value terms of my HYP.

Ian.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Re: My May HYP top up

Postby kempiejon » May 21st, 2018, 2:18 pm

"Our dividend policy aims to grow the ordinary
dividend per share at least in line with the
rate of UK RPI growth each year for the
forseeable future. "

I like utilities that make such statements and they have a very good record of increasing dividend having increased every year this century. A high yielder as NG. will give over 5% income on invested capital.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » May 21st, 2018, 3:28 pm

Thanks for your input kempiejon. I was spoilt for choice to be honest, for instance Imperial Brands came a close second for me, but I topped them up last month. National Grid are a great HYP main stay share IMHO, and I haven't bought any more of them since November last year.

Ian.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » May 21st, 2018, 3:43 pm

Merely a thought and take it as you wish but how about putting idpickering's, rather than My, on future similar Topics?

This would make it easier for anyone spotting a reply in their Notifications or for those who only glance at the subject headers here viewforum.php?f=15 (albeit the latter show the original authors) …

Not to be confused with viewtopic.php?p=137385#p137385 but that's the general idea. ;)

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » May 21st, 2018, 3:55 pm

PinkDalek wrote:Merely a thought and take it as you wish but how about putting idpickering's, rather than My, on future similar Topics?

This would make it easier for anyone spotting a reply in their Notifications or for those who only glance at the subject headers here viewforum.php?f=15 (albeit the latter show the original authors) …

Not to be confused with viewtopic.php?p=137385#p137385 but that's the general idea. ;)

You raise an interesting point PinkDalek. I can see that some may be confused, but for me, I hope I can rely on the reader to note that I was the author of my opening post above. ;)

Ian.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » May 21st, 2018, 4:22 pm

idpickering wrote:
PinkDalek wrote:Merely a thought and take it as you wish but how about putting idpickering's, rather than My, on future similar Topics?

You raise an interesting point PinkDalek. I can see that some may be confused, but for me, I hope I can rely on the reader to note that I was the author of my opening post above. ;)

Ian.

Maybe I didn't explain well enough. Earlier today I cleared my notifications without reading them. When I looked again an hour or so later, there was a:

Reply from kempiejon in topic: "My May HYP top up"

I guessed whose OP it was but without clicking on the link I couldn't be sure. If it had said "idpickering's May HYP top up" the whole process would have been improved.

Your call, of course, should you wish to assist readers here.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » May 21st, 2018, 4:43 pm

PinkDalek wrote:
idpickering wrote:

Ian.

Maybe I didn't explain well enough. Earlier today I cleared my notifications without reading them. When I looked again an hour or so later, there was a:

I guessed whose OP it was but without clicking on the link I couldn't be sure. If it had said "idpickering's May HYP top up" the whole process would have been improved.

I hear you PinkDalek. I'm all for helping my Lemon Fool brethren in any way I can, so shall do as you suggest. Maybe other posters could pick up on this aspect too?

Ian.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » May 21st, 2018, 6:19 pm

PinkDalek wrote:
idpickering wrote:

Ian.

Why not just click on the link? I can't see the problem.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » May 21st, 2018, 6:23 pm

idpickering wrote:Thanks for your input kempiejon. I was spoilt for choice to be honest, for instance Imperial Brands came a close second for me, but I topped them up last month. National Grid are a great HYP main stay share IMHO, and I haven't bought any more of them since November last year.

Ian.

Spoilt for choice - I agree. There's a bit of a glut of interesting HYP shares at present, and I got in ahead of you with NG. at 842.8 on the 10th May. So many to choose from at present.

Arb.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » May 21st, 2018, 6:25 pm

It isn’t a problem. Merely a suggestion regarding possible improvements. If no problem for you, then fine. I think the Subject headers serve a useful purpose, that was all, and idp has taken my post in the spirit with which it was intended.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”