Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

SSE PLC Results

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Fluke
Lemon Slice

Re: SSE PLC Results

Postby Fluke » May 29th, 2018, 3:01 pm

pyad wrote:From the HYP viewpoint, a buy. But as with any new share in this strategy, you don't just add it regardless, you need to consider the structure of your portfolio and its diversification before adding, and also the amount to be added, because you must not overweight the sector which is energy utes in this case. The correct weight is the current average sector value in your portfolio.

Yes I did mean all other HYP rules considered, I was referring more to the company action being referred to here and whether that would give you cause to consider it more of a hold. I'm glad you think it is a buy because I topped up a few days ago, was just looking for reassurance since we had you here on the thread.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » May 29th, 2018, 3:31 pm

s.p. down 45p at the moment; in my case that's nearly £1200 off the value, or off the Sept. div. Looks like you jumped at the right time, Mon.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » May 29th, 2018, 4:18 pm

Anyone here snapping the shares up today now they're on sale? (Down 2.6% as I type) I mentioned that I'd topped up this January, so I'm fully invested with SSE I think, so a hold for me.

Ian.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » May 29th, 2018, 4:46 pm

Fluke wrote:
pyad wrote:From the HYP viewpoint, a buy. But as with any new share in this strategy, you don't just add it regardless, you need to consider the structure of your portfolio and its diversification before adding, and also the amount to be added, because you must not overweight the sector which is energy utes in this case. The correct weight is the current average sector value in your portfolio.

Yes I did mean all other HYP rules considered, I was referring more to the company action being referred to here and whether that would give you cause to consider it more of a hold. I'm glad you think it is a buy because I topped up a few days ago, was just looking for reassurance since we had you here on the thread.

Oh dear Fluke. There is no safety in numbers and with respects to pyad, but I do not think he ever claimed to be a stock picker. Meaningful reassurance can only come from your own research of the company and your own thoughts not what other people think. My opinion is just as useless as pyad's (in the sense that they are only opinions) and I think SSE is not really a company I would be buying at the moment - too many uncertainties - and you can invoke Strategic Ignorance if you like, I wouldn't.

Dod

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » May 29th, 2018, 5:32 pm

Bouleversee wrote:s.p. down 45p at the moment; in my case that's nearly £1200 off the value, or off the Sept. div. Looks like you jumped at the right time, Mon.

Looks to be a lot down today - logged into one of my accounts and it was a sea of red for the day, with PRU, IHG, DC.* and many more showing big falls. About the only up share in that account was GFRD, so it looks like its a fairly general fall.

* profit warning

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » May 29th, 2018, 6:10 pm

Yes, most are down but some a lot more than others: FTSE 100 - 1.26; SSE - 3.41%; UU - 3.43%; M&S -4.09%; RPC - 4.43% (why?); Lloyds - 2.1% to name but a few. Mostly to do with Italy I think.

Edit: I got the above figures from Digitallook's website. However, having seen M&S down 2.61% on ADVFN's Evening Markets Bulletin and 3.96% on Bing, which gets its figs. from Morningside I believe, you can take your pick.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » August 11th, 2018, 9:28 am

"Npower’s losses deepen ahead of SSE merger"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... se-merger/

"The supplier lost around 350,000 customers over the first half of the year, dragging the company to a loss of £15m compared to a loss of £11m in the same months last year."

Moderator Message:
The full article is available to registered users. Raptor.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”