Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Persimmon

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Persimmon

Postby Bouleversee » June 11th, 2018, 11:56 am

An article in The Times today says that Aberdeen Standard Investments is taking legal advice as to whether it can sue Jeff Fairbairn and other directors in connection with the CEO's refusal to back down from taking his £75m bonus on the grounds that it has damaged the company's reputation (Section 172 of 2006 Companies Act legislation). Good luck with winning that one. If the company gets stuck with the legal bill, it could make a bit of a dent in the profits. I haven't heard of any other similar actions but maybe that's because in cases where it might have applied to directors there was no company left to have a reputation! PSN has been one of my best investments to date; long may it continue.

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Re: Persimmon

Postby Gengulphus » June 11th, 2018, 12:41 pm

A bit early to worry about this - there isn't an action yet! It might well be that the legal advice is "No, you can't", in which case we'll probably hear no more of the matter - and equally, it might well be that the reason you haven't heard of other similar actions is that others who have considered such actions have received such legal advice and dropped the idea, without letting journalists get wind of the fact that they were considering it...

Gengulphus

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » June 11th, 2018, 2:56 pm

Gengulphus wrote:A bit early to worry about this - there isn't an action yet! It might well be that the legal advice is "No, you can't", in which case we'll probably hear no more of the matter - and equally, it might well be that the reason you haven't heard of other similar actions is that others who have considered such actions have received such legal advice and dropped the idea, without letting journalists get wind of the fact that they were considering it...

Gengulphus

I quite agree, which is why I said "good luck with winning that one". Am not worried; only mentioned it as there wasn't much on the board this morning.

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » June 11th, 2018, 3:47 pm

Not having anything to discuss about their shares is HYPers' heaven! ;-)

Gengulphus

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”