Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Investegate alerts

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Davidsb
2 Lemon pips

Investegate alerts

Postby Davidsb » July 6th, 2018, 6:18 pm

Just checking - am I alone in not receiving ANY Investegate alerts today?

With in excess of 40 companies in my HYP, plus a number of others on various watchlists, it is unheard of for me to get NO alerts on a daily basis.

So I went to the Investegate website and checked a number of my 'regulars' - and there were alerts issued today which I would have expected to see in my inbox.

Hence the question.....

TIA.

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Re: Investegate alerts

Postby OLTB » July 6th, 2018, 6:39 pm

Hi Davidsb - when I 'refreshed' my Investegate link, I received the usual alerts this morning...

Cheers, OLTB.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » July 9th, 2018, 8:42 am

Nothing since Thursday, that I can see, I may have received stuff on Friday which I deleted, don't normally look over the weekend, but nothing this morning which is unusual.

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » July 9th, 2018, 9:06 am

I don't bother with alerts, just go to the website and look at the FTSE100 and FTSE250 list. It takes a few seconds and, if none of my shares feature in the list, that's it. I have a couple which are not in those indices, S32 and MARS, so I need to look at them occasionally, but anything of interest is usually in the 7am list.

TJH

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » July 9th, 2018, 10:08 am

As is my want being an early bird (I was out for a walk here in Orkney at 0445hrs this morning), I tend to scan over the RNS's at 0700hrs Mon - Fri to see if there is any news regarding the usual HYP suspects, and post the news here for all to see. It has been quiet of late in relation to any HYP share news, but I see that tomorrow we have Marks & Spencer, and Kier trading announcements to ease our famine. I got that info from this site, in case anyone wants to see what's coming up; http://www.lse.co.uk/financial-diary.as ... 0-JUL-2018

Ian.

Julian
Lemon Quarter

Postby Julian » July 9th, 2018, 11:13 am

idpickering wrote:In case anyone wants to see what's coming up; http://www.lse.co.uk/financial-diary.as ... 0-JUL-2018

A useful site. Thanks Ian.

Because I'm a bit of a Doris now and am only really interested in divi declarations, i.e. interims and finals (and quarterlies and sterling conversion rates where applicable), I tend to see a lot of lengthy famines regarding information and have very few of the announcement types ticked on my Investegate monitoring. I just clicked through a few weeks of the calendar on the web page that you linked to and for me the next item of interest is 2 and a bit weeks away, July 25th GSK interims, and since GSK has already declared a divi freeze for this year even that one isn't really of interest since I know it won't give me anything new to enter in my divi spreadsheet except changing the payment date :(.

I do get a bit bored during the lean months when hardly any of the HYP favorites are making any divi announcements but I do love the few times a year when there are flurries of divi announcements and I can actually see nontrivial changes in my average monthly dividend income for the 12 month forward view which frankly is the single number that I look at in judging whether I am happy with my HYP. We are a broad church here and I know others more methodical/diligent/less-lazy than me do all sorts of analysis, unitisation etc but I genuinely have distilled everything down to looking at that one single number now as far as monitoring my HYP goes!

- Julian

maximan
2 Lemon pips

Postby maximan » July 9th, 2018, 11:54 am

Just received a whole raft of delayed alerts.

Davidsb
2 Lemon pips

Postby Davidsb » July 9th, 2018, 1:09 pm

Just received a whole raft of delayed alerts.

#metoo

15 alerts from 13 different companies - all received between 10.43 and 11.36.

Maybe just a temporary glitch - although it seems I didn't miss much excitement.....

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » July 9th, 2018, 1:37 pm

Julian wrote:
idpickering wrote:In case anyone wants to see what's coming up; http://www.lse.co.uk/financial-diary.as ... 0-JUL-2018

A useful site. Thanks Ian.

Because I'm a bit of a Doris now and am only really interested in divi declarations, i.e. interims and finals (and quarterlies and sterling conversion rates where applicable), I tend to see a lot of lengthy famines regarding information and have very few of the announcement types ticked on my Investegate monitoring. I just clicked through a few weeks of the calendar on the web page that you linked to and for me the next item of interest is 2 and a bit weeks away, July 25th GSK interims, and since GSK has already declared a divi freeze for this year even that one isn't really of interest since I know it won't give me anything new to enter in my divi spreadsheet except changing the payment date :(.

I do get a bit bored during the lean months when hardly any of the HYP favorites are making any divi announcements but I do love the few times a year when there are flurries of divi announcements and I can actually see nontrivial changes in my average monthly dividend income for the 12 month forward view which frankly is the single number that I look at in judging whether I am happy with my HYP. We are a broad church here and I know others more methodical/diligent/less-lazy than me do all sorts of analysis, unitisation etc but I genuinely have distilled everything down to looking at that one single number now as far as monitoring my HYP goes!

- Julian

You're welcome Julian. I don't see anything wrong with your Dorisian stance. I am trying to perform that way now myself tbh, although I do like to keep an eye on my holdings nonetheless. I'm at 32 holdings now, so tend to get some news etc most weeks. I have no intention of going over that figure (32) currently, and am happy with my HYP as is. My monthly top up this month looks like being BT Group on 20 Jul 18, bringing them up to about 3.4% in capital value of my HYP.

Ian.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » July 10th, 2018, 7:14 am

It seems someone's forgotten to flick a switch at Investegate, as only two new items have come up today, neither Marks & Spencer, nor Kier? Hmm, some more coming through now. We'll see?

Ian.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » July 10th, 2018, 7:52 am

For clarification, the Kier item appeared, and I've put that up on the board. M&S site states the next item in their calendar is divi payment on 13 Jul 18. Today is their (MKS) AGM; see - https://corporate.marksandspencer.com/i ... l-calendar

Ian.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » July 17th, 2018, 8:47 am

Still not (always) getting investegate alerts - nothing this morning and should have received at least the Galliford Try update this morning. Not ideal, but at least Ian's posts are keeping me updated.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » July 17th, 2018, 9:02 am

daveh wrote:Still not (always) getting investegate alerts - nothing this morning and should have received at least the Galliford Try update this morning. Not ideal, but at least Ian's posts are keeping me updated.

An update - I went onto the investegate site and found I wasn't logged in*. When I tried logging in it said they had updated their log in procedures and old users needed to reset their password. I'd already done that last week when I wasn't getting alerts so just tried the new password. It came back as incorrect. I then had to verify my email address and submit a code that they sent via Microsoft to my spam box and then reset the password. Lets see if I start getting alerts again.

*I'm normally automatically logged in when I open an investegate alert

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”