Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Taylor Wimpey (TW)

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
monabri
Lemon Half

Taylor Wimpey (TW)

Postby monabri » July 16th, 2018, 6:28 pm

I see that Woodford has increased his holding in TW to just over 5%.

"Woodford Investment's holding prior to Friday's transaction was not reported. Woodford now holds an interest in 5.1% of Taylor Wimpey's 3.28 billion issued shares."

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... 77600.html

Wonder if he's building a HYP? :?

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Re: Taylor Wimpey (TW)

Postby Bouleversee » July 16th, 2018, 10:45 pm

So will that be the kiss of death or resuscitation? They seem to have been comatose ever since I bought.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » July 16th, 2018, 11:56 pm

Bouleversee wrote:So will that be the kiss of death or resuscitation? They seem to have been comatose ever since I bought.

Ummmm..the same thought crossed my mind..well, the first bit anyway!

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » July 17th, 2018, 5:01 am

monabri wrote:
Bouleversee wrote:So will that be the kiss of death or resuscitation? They seem to have been comatose ever since I bought.

Ummmm..the same thought crossed my mind..well, the first bit anyway!

Very aptly put Bouleversee, and my feelings are in line with monabri too. For me, I get that TW. is in a potentially fickle sector, as are a number of my other holdings such as Shell and BP in the oilies, even my utilities holdings seem to be nowadays, so I'm not fretting about my TW. bet. I'm of a mind that all of my holdings offer diversification to my HYP, and are all influenced by different things, so I don't let a poor showing on one or two of my shares stress me. I have a 'full' holding of TW. and am unlikely to top up currently.

Ian.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » July 17th, 2018, 8:00 am

Despite media and political attention the housebuilders continue to make good profits. Taylor Wimpey were upbeat on divis at their recent capital markets day.

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... 40745.html

Enhanced dividend announced

- Enhanced ordinary dividend driven by current performance and increased confidence in our ability to deliver future growth: increasing to approximately 7.5% of Group net assets, up from 5%, and equating to at least £250 million per annum (subject to shareholder approval each year), up from at least £150 million per annum

- 2019 special dividend announced of £350 million (subject to shareholder approval), taking 2019 total dividends to c.£600 million (an increase of 20%). Based on our current five-year expectations, and in current market conditions, we expect special dividend payments to remain comparable to the 2018 and 2019 payments

Hopefully the market sentiment will turn for housebuilders( despite Woody ;) ) as they continue to make good profits and pay (very) good dividends.

pyad
Lemon Slice

Postby pyad » July 17th, 2018, 8:19 am

monabri wrote:...
Hopefully the market sentiment will turn for housebuilders( despite Woody ;) ) as they continue to make good profits and pay (very) good dividends.

It is a bad sign when investors refer to someone in an influential position by a nickname or first name. You see this quite often on message boards, usually with company CEOs. It means you feel like they are mates even though you have never met them and know nothing about them personally. This attitude is bad for investors because it means they may throw out their normal caution and adopt the blindness of love.

"Woody" can't go wrong.

Woodford though is human and can.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » July 17th, 2018, 8:46 am

I'd like to think that most of the posters here know about Mr Woodford ( I referred to him by his full surname in the opening post) and ,if they didn't and were interested to know, they could ask.

I have no bromance for Woody !

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » July 17th, 2018, 8:50 am

pyad wrote:
It is a bad sign when investors refer to someone in an influential position by a nickname or first name.

Yes, you're correct, pyad.......

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » July 17th, 2018, 8:54 am

pyad wrote:

It is a bad sign when investors refer to someone in an influential position by a nickname or first name. You see this quite often on message boards, usually with company CEOs. It means you feel like they are mates even though you have never met them and know nothing about them personally. This attitude is bad for investors because it means they may throw out their normal caution and adopt the blindness of love.

"Woody" can't go wrong.

Agreed - but as monabri's comment was about market sentiment, "Woody" might well have been quite appropriate in this particular case! ;-)

Though it's a bit of a mystery why a HYPer should hope that market sentiment on an unpopular share will turn - poor market sentiment is what leads to high yields, which are our bread & butter...

Gengulphus

Quint
2 Lemon pips

Postby Quint » July 17th, 2018, 9:08 am

pyad wrote:

Indeed, and has. Still he tought me some valuable lessons.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”