Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

UBM passes

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

UBM passes

Postby Arborbridge » August 17th, 2018, 9:00 am

I've just made up my book on UBM which was taken over by Informa in June. This column of the spreadsheet joins the "Dead Souls" page of past heroes and villains.

Bought in 2010, it gave me a very good return of 20.92% pa TR; one of the best. The yield started well, but over the years declined as the price rose. My last records gave a forward yield of 2.3%, so it was beginning to knock on the door for being trimmed.
UBM was taken over by Informa, which may or may not stay in the HYP, since it too has a low yield - hardly any better at 2.7%.

RIP UBM, you done well for me 8-)

Arb.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Re: UBM passes

Postby kempiejon » August 17th, 2018, 10:09 am

Like you Arb my UBM has rolled into Informa, I'm pretty sure I'll leave them alone although not a high yield pick I'll usually avoid selling from my HYP and we can take heart that Informa shows an increasing dividend record.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”