Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Dairy Crest Group Trading Update

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Dairy Crest Group Trading Update

Postby idpickering » September 17th, 2018, 7:08 am

Some here may find this of interest;

In the first half of the financial year we expect Group revenue to be ahead of last year, driven by strong performances from our two largest brands, Cathedral City and Clover.

Cathedral City's revenue is expected to deliver good growth against strong volumes a year ago. The brand continues to go from strength to strength, and was recently voted one of the top 10 brands by UK consumers in YouGov's Annual Brand Health Rankings, based on consumers' perceptions of quality, value, satisfaction and reputation, as well as being voted number one in the chilled/frozen foods category.

Clover is expected to deliver both volume and revenue growth, continuing the positive performance from last year.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/dairy-cre ... 00038721A/

AndyPandy
Lemon Slice

Re: Dairy Crest Group Trading Update

Postby AndyPandy » September 18th, 2018, 7:52 pm

The Times has a bit of a downer on it today

Behind firewall:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/busi ... -7nzbh79h2

Ends by saying he's not sure where any growth will come from, avoid or sell (can't remember which as I read a shared hard copy early this morning)

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » September 19th, 2018, 10:25 am

AndyPandy wrote:The Times has a bit of a downer on it today

Behind firewall:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/busi ... -7nzbh79h2

Ends by saying he's not sure where any growth will come from, avoid or sell (can't remember which as I read a shared hard copy early this morning)

It was "avoid": "the shares have been disappointing and it's hard to see that changing soon". I agree with the first bit of that quote but not necessarily the second. I'm not sure how good Miles Costello is. I have holdings within and without my ISA, which were doing brilliantly at one point but buy and hold doesn't seem to be working for me these days and am wondering what to do about them. I want to reduce or eliminate non-ISA holdings generally so am hoping for a recovery and a selling point. If anyone has any views or has seen any other analyst comments, please share on here.

Ricksure
Lemon Pip

Postby Ricksure » September 19th, 2018, 12:02 pm

Dairy Crest should be a more focused company now they have rid themselves of the milk business and they have high hopes of future growth by processing and selling whey for baby milk formula

Have held for years and seen the share price go up and down while the company adjusts the business to suit todays demands, just like Tate & Lyle have had to do and all the time they pay the dividends have no intention of selling

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » September 19th, 2018, 12:17 pm

Good. That's what I was hoping to hear. I might consider selling the non-ISA and topping up in the ISA.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”