Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Paypoint - This 8.1% yielder could top up your State Pension

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
ZipserSir
2 Lemon pips

Paypoint - This 8.1% yielder could top up your State Pension

Postby ZipserSir » September 24th, 2018, 11:08 am

New article appeared on the Motley Fool on Saturday. The conclusion says "So overall, I reckon PayPoint has all the makings of a great long-term income buy, with the potential to help you double your income in retirement."

I know several people here have PAY in their HYP. I only noticed on Saturday that PAY is no longer a constituent of the FTSE350 - does anyone know when that happened?

CommissarJones
Lemon Slice

Re: Paypoint - This 8.1% yielder could top up your State Pension

Postby CommissarJones » September 24th, 2018, 9:04 pm

ZipserSir wrote:I only noticed on Saturday that PAY is no longer a constituent of the FTSE350 - does anyone know when that happened?

PAY got the chop in the December 2017 quarterly review.

https://www.ftserussell.com/files/press ... ember-2017

(I have looked at PAY a couple of times, but have never held.)

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » September 24th, 2018, 9:14 pm

ZipserSir wrote:New article appeared on the Motley Fool on Saturday. The conclusion says "So overall, I reckon PayPoint has all the makings of a great long-term income buy, with the potential to help you double your income in retirement."

Serious question - who at TMF UK has any seriously relevant grasp of the markets? They were always a joke IMO and most of us who were there did so only because of the boards and not the editorials and sales pitches. The board commentators were much shrewder investors than the paid talking heads.

Which is a shame because TMF US actually has a few decent analysts. But the UK version was always third rate in that regard - a refuge for those who could not get real City jobs.

carioca

Postby carioca » September 25th, 2018, 4:28 pm

I can't agree completely with your evaluation of the old TMF UK. I do remember times when the site carried detailed and well-informed analyses of UK companies or whole industry sectors. I admit that my recollections may be influenced by material I found on the US site. (I do distinctly remember discussions of ARM, Nokia, and Vodafone - in all three cases I was holding the shares before they started covering the companies and I found that it took them far too long to reach a verdict.)

I agree, however, that recent offerings contain a lot of the reasoning and the vague predictions of what "may" happen to the company some time down the road very similar to those which the "Fool" criticized in the so-called "Wise". I don't follow the Fool - haven't been for some time - but occasionally my Yahoo page shows teasers to the site that I can't manage to ignore. As far as Paypoint is concerned, I just saw another teaser to an article where the yield was described as "jaw-dropping." So much for detailed analysis.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”