Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08, for Donating to support the site

Top up pickering

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Re: Top up pickering

Postby moorfield » October 11th, 2018, 2:47 pm

monabri wrote:There are so many high yields on offer

Counterintuitive perhaps, but such times can also present opportunities to top up higher yielding lower yielders (those in the 3-4% range), the likes of our perennial favourite "stalwart" ULVR, and IMI, AZN etc.

Before I'm accused of peddling such a dangerous radical idea, I always qualify it here with the proviso that one's overall portfolio yield should remain high.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » October 11th, 2018, 3:09 pm

moorfield wrote:

Counterintuitive perhaps, but such times can also present opportunities to top up higher yielding lower yielders (those in the 3-4% range), the likes of our perennial favourite "stalwart" ULVR, and IMI, AZN etc.

Before I'm accused of peddling such a dangerous radical idea, I always qualify it here with the proviso that one's overall portfolio yield should remain high.

I do the same on odd occasions. Even worse, I bought a few more TESCO shares a while back: definitely an off the wall decision, but my main thrust is always the higher yielders.

Arb.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » October 11th, 2018, 5:11 pm

Arborbridge wrote:
moorfield wrote:

I do the same on odd occasions. Even worse, I bought a few more TESCO shares a while back: definitely an off the wall decision, but my main thrust is always the higher yielders.

Arb.

The way it's going at the moment, we might be able to add Diageo to the list!

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”