Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

First HYP (Gulp!)

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
EssDeeAitch
Lemon Slice

First HYP (Gulp!)

Postby EssDeeAitch » October 8th, 2018, 8:42 am

Well, I have now made my selections and pressed the button on a nascent HYP. Lot's of advice and guidance from the forum members for which my thanks. I decided to go with fewer stocks in different sectors so as to limit and diversify risk (what could possibly go wrong?).

Equal amounts in each stock being 13.5% of allocated funds with 20% left in cash for either top-ups or additions in the next month or so.

VODAFONE GRP. - Mobile Telecommunications
STD LIFE ABER - Financial Services
GREENE KING - Travel and Leisure
NATIONAL GRID - Gas Water and Multiutilities
RIO TINTO - Mining
RDS 'B' - Oil and Gas Producers

Your comments appreciated

idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: First HYP (Gulp!)

Postby idpickering » October 8th, 2018, 9:00 am

EssDeeAitch wrote:Well, I have now made my selections and pressed the button on a nascent HYP. Lot's of advice and guidance from the forum members for which my thanks. I decided to go with fewer stocks in different sectors so as to limit and diversify risk (what could possibly go wrong?).

Equal amounts in each stock being 13.5% of allocated funds with 20% left in cash for either top-ups or additions in the next month or so.

VODAFONE GRP. - Mobile Telecommunications
STD LIFE ABER - Financial Services
GREENE KING - Travel and Leisure
NATIONAL GRID - Gas Water and Multiutilities
RIO TINTO - Mining
RDS 'B' - Oil and Gas Producers

Your comments appreciated

Very nice thus far, and all very good HYP picks IMHO. I hold them all. ;) I take it you're going to add other shares/sectors to this mini HYP? Over time I've got up to 32 holdings myself, as I prefer the added diversification/ perceived safety that may offer me. Good luck.

Ian.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » October 8th, 2018, 11:26 am

EssDeeAitch,

Have you seen the handy tool the HYPTUSS, http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebly.com/ once bought add your shares to it and it'll spit out your forecast portfolio yield, tell you what dividends to expect when and allow you to track your performance relatively to the FTSE100. Help available here /viewforum.php?f=27
Now is also the time to unitise if that's your game, but that's another topic I expect.

EssDeeAitch
Lemon Slice

Postby EssDeeAitch » October 8th, 2018, 11:41 am

kempiejon wrote:EssDeeAitch,

Have you seen the handy tool the HYPTUSS, http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebly.com/ once bought add your shares to it and it'll spit out your forecast portfolio yield, tell you what dividends to expect when and allow you to track your performance relatively to the FTSE100. Help available here /viewforum.php?f=27
Now is also the time to unitise if that's your game, but that's another topic I expect.

Very useful tool, I had already downloaded it but had then forgotten about it :( so thanks for the reminder. Just entered all the data and I will now look at the unitisation aspect.

EssDeeAitch
Lemon Slice

Postby EssDeeAitch » October 8th, 2018, 11:44 am

idpickering wrote:
Very nice thus far, and all very good HYP picks IMHO. I hold them all. ;) I take it you're going to add other shares/sectors to this mini HYP? Over time I've got up to 32 holdings myself, as I prefer the added diversification/ perceived safety that may offer me. Good luck.

Ian.

I will certainly be making more selections to expand the sectors and improve diversification and thanks for your comments in the past, they have been very helpful to me.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » October 8th, 2018, 11:52 am

EssDeeAitch wrote:
kempiejon wrote:EssDeeAitch,

Very useful tool, I had already downloaded it but had then forgotten about it :( so thanks for the reminder. Just entered all the data and I will now look at the unitisation aspect.

Well done. As regards unitisation, it helps enormously to see how your HYP is fairing in comparison with other investment you could be pursuing (e.g. professionally managed ITs). It's best started as early as possible, as you seem to be doing. Rather harder later on when so many events have happened.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » October 8th, 2018, 12:11 pm

EssDeeAitch wrote:
idpickering wrote:

Ian.

I will certainly be making more selections to expand the sectors and improve diversification and thanks for your comments in the past, they have been very helpful to me.

Thank you for your reply, and kind comment. For me, I do like to double up in sectors if possible, BP. And RDSB etc. Good luck, and keep us up to date with your progress. Happy HYPing!

Ian.

EssDeeAitch
Lemon Slice

Postby EssDeeAitch » October 8th, 2018, 2:57 pm

Arborbridge wrote:Well done. As regards unitisation, it helps enormously to see how your HYP is fairing in comparison with other investment you could be pursuing (e.g. professionally managed ITs). It's best started as early as possible, as you seem to be doing. Rather harder later on when so many events have happened.

Just got the unitisation spreadsheet operational.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”