Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Taylor Wimpey plc Trading statement

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Taylor Wimpey plc Trading statement

Postby idpickering » November 13th, 2018, 7:05 am

Pete Redfern, Chief Executive, commented:

"We have delivered a strong performance during the second half of 2018, with very good sales rates supported by positive customer demand and a supportive lending environment. This builds on our strong forward order book and puts us on track to meet full year expectations.

Looking ahead to 2019, we remain mindful of wider political and economic risks and the potential impact on customer confidence. However, with a strong balance sheet in place and a high-quality landbank, our business is well positioned to deliver further sustainable growth and cash flow over the medium term."

https://www.investegate.co.uk/taylor-wi ... 00091173H/

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: Taylor Wimpey plc Trading statement

Postby monabri » November 13th, 2018, 8:20 am

On the face of it, looks ok ( I've scan read the release). I'm surprised in the negative market response this morning.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: Taylor Wimpey plc Trading statement

Postby idpickering » November 13th, 2018, 8:26 am

monabri wrote:On the face of it, looks ok ( I've scan read the release). I'm surprised in the negative market response this morning.

I agree with you monabri. Down 3.6% as I type. It's a funny old market, and recent events like with the fag shares yesterday, have shown me there's no point in trying to second guess the market. I topped up TW. recently, and my intention was to top up Persimmon soon too. The bottom line for me is that I'm going to concentrate on the dividends, and try to ignore market movements. As a HYPer should do in effect.

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”