Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

ITV Trading Statement

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

ITV Trading Statement

Postby idpickering » May 8th, 2019, 7:33 am

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: ITV Trading Statement

Postby monabri » May 8th, 2019, 11:20 am

Down a full year's dividend...in just a few hours. The update clearly hasn't impressed.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » May 8th, 2019, 11:37 am

monabri wrote:Down a full year's dividend...in just a few hours. The update clearly hasn't impressed.

Seems so. They’re one of my worst ever buys. There is a temptation to sell and move on, but that’ll just make my 20% capital loss a reality. Gonna hang in there, but not top up further.

Ian.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » May 14th, 2019, 6:28 am

idpickering wrote:
monabri wrote:Down a full year's dividend...in just a few hours. The update clearly hasn't impressed.

Seems so. They’re one of my worst ever buys. There is a temptation to sell and move on, but that’ll just make my 20% capital loss a reality. Gonna hang in there, but not top up further.

Ian.

In the interests of honesty and openness, I bit the bullet yesterday and sold my ITV holdings early in the day so missed the -6% drop luckily. No regrets from me. WPP are now my only media holding, into which I put the cash released from the ITV sale.

Ian.

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Postby OLTB » May 14th, 2019, 6:40 am

Thanks Ian - I suppose this is what makes a market as ITV are top of my top up list once I have enough dividend income accumulated! WPP also need to be topped up by the way as both were newly purchased from SKY proceeds and were (and still are) below average capital holding.

One of us will be correct :?

Cheers, OLTB.

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Wizard » May 14th, 2019, 8:49 am

idpickering wrote:

Ian.

I can rarely face looking at the see of red in my HYP these days, but your comment on ITV got me to take a quick peek.

For me ITV was a bad buy, but just one of a very large number of bad HYP buys and not the worst. ITV ranks as my fourth biggest loser at c.35% down. It is one of eight HYP shares to have lost over 30% since purchase, a further eight have lost between 1% and 29% and only four which have increased in value, the best being Legal & General up 11%.

All I can say is thank God I stopped adding anything to my HYP when I did!

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » May 14th, 2019, 9:04 am

Wizard wrote:
idpickering wrote:

Ian.

I can rarely face looking at the see of red in my HYP these days, but your comment on ITV got me to take a quick peek.

For me ITV was a bad buy, but just one of a very large number of bad HYP buys and not the worst. ITV ranks as my fourth biggest loser at c.35% down. It is one of eight HYP shares to have lost over 30% since purchase, a further eight have lost between 1% and 29% and only four which have increased in value, the best being Legal & General up 11%.

All I can say is thank God I stopped adding anything to my HYP when I did!

===================================

i sold mine last week on the results. should have sold last year.

too much uncertainty , debt , competition .

they may get taken over though.

:(

Alaric
Lemon Half

Postby Alaric » May 14th, 2019, 9:13 am

Wizard wrote:For me ITV was a bad buy, but just one of a very large number of bad HYP buys and not the worst.

It does appear to be the increasingly frequent example of a share that drifts into high yield territory not because of dividend increases, but because of share price collapse.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”