Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Babcock BAB interims

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Davidsb
2 Lemon pips

Babcock BAB interims

Postby Davidsb » November 22nd, 2018, 2:52 pm

These were released yesterday:-

https://www.investegate.co.uk/babcock-i ... 00049674H/

<snip>
Financial highlights
· Underlying operating profit up 1.4%, up 2.4% at constant exchange rates
· Group margin improving to 10.9%, partly as low margin businesses exited
· Underlying basic EPS up 3.1% to 39.9p
· Underlying revenue down 2.3%, impacted by exits and disposals
o Organic revenue growth at constant exchange rates -1.1%
o Excluding exits, organic revenue growth at constant exchange rates +0.5%
· Underlying operating cash flow of £264 million (120% cash conversion pre capex, 82% post) and free cash flow of £140 million
· £32 billion combined order book and bid pipeline, 92% of underlying revenue already secured for 2018/19
· Net debt £1,132 million, down £159 million year on year; represents 1.6x EBITDA and on track to reach 1.4x by March 2019
· Interim dividend up 3.6% to 7.1p, reflecting our confidence in the prospects for the Group and sustained cash generation

Exceptional charges
· Exceptional charges of £120 million (£101 million net of tax), related to reshaping our Oil and Gas business, our exits and disposals programme and rightsizing capacity across sectors, including exit of Appledore shipyard
· Total related net cash costs expected to be around £10 million after disposals and asset sales

</snip>

And the dividend:-

An interim dividend of 7.10p per 60p ordinary share (2017: 6.85p per 60p ordinary share) was declared after the balance sheet date and will be paid on 16 January 2019 to shareholders registered on 7 December 2018.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Re: Babcock BAB interims

Postby Bouleversee » November 23rd, 2018, 9:01 am

A puzzling situation, this. The share price has plummeted since the damning report from Boatman and it seems rather strange to be increasing the dividend by so much in the circumstances. I have holdings inside and outside ISAs and am losing quite a lot of my investment. Difficult to know what to do now. The directors seem to have rather more confidence in their future than the market. Shades of Carillion and Interserve?

Davidsb
2 Lemon pips

Re: Babcock BAB interims

Postby Davidsb » November 23rd, 2018, 1:15 pm

There seems to be some mystery as to who is behind Boatman - it makes you wonder if there is some kind of hidden agenda?

My investment in BAB is modestly down in capital terms, but in a 46-share portfolio, some shares are virtually guaranteed to be down on purchase price. As a relatively recent buy (and less than 1% of my total invested) I am happy to sit back and ignore the noise - and I may even add to my holding if no surprises emerge over the next couple of months.

Best wishes anyway - whatever you choose to do.

(As an off-topic aside, my WPP (Wild Punt Portfolio) is looking at Interserve at the moment, along with Keller and a couple of other bombed-out choices......have they hit the bottom yet?)

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”