Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Current HYP status as the end of 2018 looms

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: Current HYP status as the end of 2018 looms

Postby Arborbridge » December 14th, 2018, 9:31 am

Wizard wrote:
Just so nobody thinks I forgot about it, I have been informed by a mod via PM that my portfolio should not be posted on this board as it contains one non-UK share (IBM), so I will not update the numbers and re-post on this board.

Terry.

Why not just cut out any reference to IBM and re-post your HYP ? Most of us have non-HYP shares, but do not include them in our HYPs as they are not relevant. If you are worried about your unitisation, it should be pretty simple to either "sell" units now to expunge IBM, or backdate the unitisation to when you first bought it.

Arb.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: Current HYP status as the end of 2018 looms

Postby Arborbridge » December 14th, 2018, 9:35 am

Dod101 wrote:OK. I was going to post that this does not feel to me like a bear market and that seems to be the consensus. The trouble is that it is a long while since we have seen any real falls in the market and so this year has left me at least a little uncomfortable and of course the bigger the pot the more the absolute loss (not that it is a loss according to some until we sell)

Dod

We are not yet in "bear market territory", that's true. My point and figure chart gave a target of 6900 back at the beginning of August, and that has been exceeded. Since then, the downtrend has continued so even lower moves are on the cards. It wouldn't surprise me if we reached 6300 or lower.
Oh happy days :(

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”